seven ✎

WHEN CLASSES RESUMED THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY, andre almost didn't want to attend his first day of classes. his first class of the day was at 8 a.m, for fuck's sake. he wanted nothing more than to sleep in and smoke in his dorm all day long, and munch on pizza rolls periodically.

however, he forced himself out of bed, remembering that he had to walk rai to her first class of the day also.

he knew that he didn't "have" to do that, but he was the type of person who gave out small gestures to show that he truly loved someone, such as walking her to class, making sure she got to and from her dorm safely, holding her hand whenever they walked up a flight of stairs together so that she didn't trip, all of that shit.

rai was a lucky, lucky woman, but in all honesty, andre considered himself the lucky one.

so he got up, got ready for class, including smoking his obligatory before-class-blunt, skimmed through his socials, met rai at her dorm, and dropped her off at her first class, a lecture of all things.

"call me when you get out of class, alright bae?" andre asked, preparing to part ways with rai and go to his own class.

"of course, i love you!" rai chirped, "are we still on for dinner tonight?"

"of course, you know i wouldn't trade time with you in for the world," andre stated with a grin, "i love you too baby."

he then crouched down to give her a peck on the lips before she disappeared into the lecture hall, andhe found himself missing her as soon as she was gone. 

not wanting to waste time daydreaming about his lover, he quickly whipped out his phone to check what time it was. 7:56 a.m.  four minutes until his own class started, and it was all the way across campus! 

andre quickly tucked his phone back into his pocket and sprinted as if he were being chased by a killer, movements sloppy and zig-zagged as he raced across campus. he wasn't known for being the greatest student, for sure, hell, he almost skipped class altogether, but being late was worse than not showing at all in his eyes.

several people looked at him like he was insane as he ran throughout campus, dodging students, benches, trash cans, and even small birds, but he didn't care how he looked, in all honesty, and his mad dash to his next class paid off, clearly, as he ended up making it on time despite himself.

he stopped in the doorway of the classroom and checked his phone. 7:59 a.m. not bad for someone who didn't even want to go to class in the first place.

he wasn't aware of the fact that the professor, and the rest of the around 30 students were eyeing him with worry while he kept his hands on his knees to catch his breath, his face varying shades of red and purple while he struggled not to pass out from his impromptu jog, until the professor said something.

"hello, sir, do you need medical attention?" the professor, a white hispanic woman in her early 30s, stated with concern.

andre then noticed that all eyes were on him, and grew embarrassed pretty quckly. "um, no, i'm fine."

"then take a seat please, and thank you."

"that's whats up," he nodded awkwardly, before scanning the classroom for open seating, and wait, was that tyler?