twelve ✎

TYLER DOODLED AIMLESSLY IN THE PAGES OF HIS SKETCHBOOK, while benjamin prepared vegan tofu wraps for the two of them in the kitchen. 

ben knew that tyler was not about to eat that shit, but he made two just in case tyler suddenly had a change of heart.

it was a saturday afternoon, which meant no classes for either male, so they just resorted to silently hanging out in the common area of their dorm.

"so..." benjamin plopped onto the couch next to tyler, holding a styrofoam plate with a bitten into tofu wrap, "you and andre fuck yet?"

tyler rolled his eyes, but he couldn't help but smile at the mention of andre's name. " you and deante fuck yet?"

"nigga answered a question with a question."

"answer it then."

"i asked first."

"no, we haven't, and you know we're not going to," tyler answered plainly. "nigga got a whole girl."

"a girl who he has admitted to feeling suffocated by sometimes, and who has been getting on his nerves lately," ben added with a knowing grin.

tyler, of course, told ben about the recent turmoil within rai and andre's relationship. he didn't do it maliciously, with the intent of gossipping and spreading andre's business around, but he just needed to share, because even though he never admitted it, there was still a glimmer of hope in tyler's heart for the two of them.

and he trusted ben not to tell anyone important. ben could be a bit of a blabbermouth sometimes, but he probably only told deante, who would tell keandrian, who would tell jace....

shit.

tyler didn't allow himself to go further down that train of thought, and instead returned to the original topic.

"he wouldn't cheat," tyler insisted. "he loves rai with all his heart. i'm just some nigga."

ben pursed his lips together in disbelief. "c'mon tyler. you're not just some nigga. andre is obsessed with you, he love him some tyler. he always touching on you and feeling on you and shit too..."

tyler shook his head. "andre is just really touchy. that's all. he likes to touch people"

"rai wouldn't be so threatened by you if andre ain't like you at least a little bit," benjamin insisted.

"rai is threatened by everybody. she was threatened by a groupchat."

"a groupchat that you were in! hello tyler! open them big ass eyes of yours!" benjamin made an opening gesture with his hands. 

"i guess you might be right," tyler mumbled, "but i'm not a homewrecker. i don't wanna ruin his relationship with rai. they'll work things out."

"nigga he's wrecking his own home," benjamin reasoned. "you don't have any loyalty to rai whatsoever so you're not in the wrong. now andre? he a dirty nigga. but shit...i'd cheat too if i was in his position."

"you are such a nigger," tyler shot benjamin a disapproving look. "now enough about me. how are things going with deante?"

benjamin suddenly went quiet, a wave of blush appearing on his cheeks. "well...."