five ✎

WHENEVER TYLER WAS UPSET, his first instinct was to turn to art to cure his sorrows.

out of all of the coping mechanisms, unhealthy and healthy alike, that he could've adopted, the one that he latched onto was the one that helped him hone his craft and develop as an artist. from an early age, whenever something upsetting happened, he'd pick up his sketchbook and grab a pencil and let his emotions spill out onto the piece of paper.

art got him through the roughest times in his life, so it was no surprise that for while he was at home during winter break, he spent most of his time alone, in his room, sketching his favorite muse.

tyler dragged the stylus across the screen of his surface pro, filling the outline of andre's locs with his signature salmon pink color.

he smiled to himself. his newest piece was going to be his best yet once he was done with it.

tyler couldn't wait to see andre again. the two had began talking through instagram DMs after andre noticed tyler listening to his music the other day.

the two didn't really talk about anything substantial in their DMs, it was just typical surface-level small talk, but they didn't really know each other like that, so feeble little conversations like that were necessary to break the ice between them.

tyler was never one for instagram. he didn't like social media in general, but especially instagram. he just felt like it was too fake and artificial. essentially just facebook for generation z. just another place to flex on other people and act as if you were living your best life to impress your peers.

however, seeing as though that horrible app was the only way he could communicate with andre at the moment, he checked it just about every other moment of the day, waiting for his crush to DM him back, or post something be it on his feed or his story.

he set his surface pro to the side and picked his phone up, entering the passcode before tapping on the multicolored instagram app.

-

201 likes

201 likes

summrsxo: they call me gay the way i be chasin dat sack 💯

-

twinuzis: LMAOOOOOO(i have no gag reflex btw)OOOOOOOO

twinuzis: also i hope that ice cream is vegan 😞
summrsxo: nigga shut up damn
summrsxo: my dick not vegan and you steady slurping on my shit. stfu.
teccavercetti: you niggas are gay.