Chapter 20

"Is she not back yet?" Gavin asked Karl but he remained quiet lost in thoughts.

"Karl, where do you think they would be right now?" Gavin asked but he didn't say anything.
He kept quiet knowing how he must be feeling by now.

"I am so sorry......." Gavin's phone rang before he could speak.

He answered the call even without looking at the name.

"Hello"

"Oh hey there Gavin" he heard a woman's voice from the phone.

"If you are waiting for Rina and flora to come back home, just forget it and go to bed cause they won't be coming tonight."

"Wh-who are you? Where is flora?" Gavin stood up.
Karl raised his gaze from the floor and looked at Gavin.

"Oh, you know I can't tell you that"

"What did you do to her?" Karl stood up and collected the phone from Gg putting it on speaker.

"I have flora with me, and I need you here right now" the woman spoke and Gg immediately became angry.

"Where is flora?! Do not lay a single hand on her or I will......"

"Gavin calm down" Karl held Gg's shoulders.
"They won't touch her" Karl told him.

"Yeah you're right Karl, we won't touch her but we would absolutely touch Rina, I mean hurt her really hard"

Karl's expression turned grim after hearing what the unknown woman said.

"Wh-What do you mean? Where is Rina?"

"I wish I could tell you that Karl but I can't"

"You better tell me where you have kept her or I will......."

"Karl calm down, getting angry won't help......hello"

"I am still ears"

"You said you need us here?"

"Mhm"

"Okay we'll come"

"Great, tomorrow then.......I will send you the address tomorrow" the call ended and Karl gave him back his phone and sat down on the couch.

"This is all my fault! It's my fault! I let them go! I feel like......"

"Karl be quiet! Okay? Rina isn't the only one there. Flora is too and I am feeling really bad right now, so could you at least calm down and think this through?"

"Stupid!" Gavin threw his phone on the ground."Oh shit now it's broken" he picked it up.

"Karl......"

"Gg you should go home, tomorrow we will talk" Karl said and left upstairs.

Gavin quietly went out .

"Flora how do you think Karl must be feeling right now?" Rina was at the point of crying.

"Rina do not worry okay, Karl will be strong, he will find us, you don't have to worry"

"Are you sure? He must be worried sick, I miss him"

Flora really felt pity for Rina, she has been facing so many troubles in high school because of marcel and Rhona now Layla is here to join.
......
Karl was sitting at the balcony when Janet came inside the room, she saw him at the balcony.

He was sitting down on the floor one leg laid and the other raised supporting his elbow as he bounced a tennis ball from the wall to his hand deep in thoughts.

"Karl won't you go to bed?" Janet said looking at her son.

"Do not worry about me mom, I will be fine" he looked stern at the wall.