Chapter 44

The next Morning, Rina finished making breakfast and was already cleaning up, she went to Layla's room and met no one, her things were gone and she became confused. Did Karl......
No no no, this was bad, so bad. She didn't bother cleaning the room and just went to Karl's room she opened the door and saw him asleep.

"Karl" she went to him and shook him.

"Karl wake up" she tapped his face but he didn't move.

"Karl" she shook him harder and he fluttered his eyes.

"Wake up"

"Ughh, go away" he covered his face with the pillow and continued sleeping.

"Karl it's Rina"

"What happened to Rina?"

"No I am Rina" Karl opened his eyes slowly and stood up from the bed and saw her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and she stood up from the bed.

"Karl, Layla isn't in her room, her bags are gone, I think she left" Karl looked at her tiredly before going into the bathroom ignoring what she said. Rina looked at him go into the bathroom and close it.
She felt really angry now, he told her. Why did he tell her? And where was she when he told her? She was at her mom's place last night telling mom about their fight, she wanted to have a little time with her but it turned out Karl decided to tell Layla when she was gone.

She was sitting on the bed when Karl opened the door already freshened up. He hung a white face towel around his neck and went to the cupboard.

"Get to cleaning" he said collecting a white turtleneck long sleeve shirt and wearing it.

"I am not here to clean" Rina stood up.

"Okay, the door is over there" he said wearing a black jacket.

"Karl this is serious, did you tell Layla to leave?"
He closed the cupboard and went to the table and wore his watch.

"Please talk to me Karl, this is important" Rina was getting impatient.

"What should I say?" He turned to her.
"I told her I would drop her, maybe she couldn't wait and just left"

"Karl I told you not to do anything, she will be very mad now"

"Rina do not ruin my mood, get back to your work" he said and went to the drawer and collected his earpods and wore one on his right ear. Rina walked to him and closed the drawer.

"Don't you know my mother's life would be at risk if she finds out that you know?!"

"Get back to work Rina" he said and opened the drawer back but she closed it again and Karl looked at her.

"Tell me why you told her? Karl if anything happens to my mother then I will hate you forever" she pointed at him.
He looked at her without a word before he went to the cupboard and brought out a black canvas and pair of black socks.
Why was he ignoring her? Rina thought.

"Karl look at me please" she said but instead he just sat on the bed and wore the socks and wore his shoes.

"Karl......"

"For goodness sake Rina, need to be alone, go away if you're not cleaning" he said before tying the shoe laces of the canvas.

"Karl listen to me, I will not leave until you tell me why you let her leave" Karl stood up and faced her.

"There's the broom" he pointed at the broom Rina dropped. "Your work is to clean the room not to ask stupid questions" Karl said but instead she pushed him out of anger.