Chapter 40

Rina got into her room and took her bathe, after that she sat on the bed in deep thoughts.

"If I tell Karl to let Layla stay in the house then........why does she want to stay in the house when Karl goes and how will i convince him to let them in?" She thought to herself.

Should she go now? Or maybe wait till tomorrow. He would be leaving tomorrow and there will be no time so why don't she try telling him today. She brought out her phone and searched his name.

She couldn't believe she was doing this but she had to.

Karl was with Gg and Mg after he left home, he didn't know why but Davis no longer hanged out with them, he didn't talk to him either but could he care less?

"And you know what Karl? They guy didn't pay me back" mg said before bringing out a lighter from his pocket.

"Put that back" Karl said seeing he was about to smoke.

"Stop it now Karl, at least just let me for a while" Karl didn't say anything and just poured wine in his cup.

"Hey, your phone is ringing" Gavin said looking at the buzzing phone on the table.
Karl glanced at his phone and ignored it after seeing who called.

"Aren't you answering the call?" Gg asked.

"Like I want to speak with her" Karl said sipping the wine.

"Speak with who?" Mg asked.

"Have a look yourself"

Gavin and Mg saw Rina's picture on the screen and mg raised his brows.

"Ooh, she wants to get back" Mg joked.

"Karl pick it, it's weird for her to call you, so it must be something very important"

"I don't want to talk to her, you can speak to her instead"

"And why would I speak to her? Just answer it, five missed calls"

"Ugh" Karl collected the phone and answered the call.

Rina's heart skipped a beat when the call was answered, now she lost the confidence to speak with him.

"Hello" she heard Karl through the phone, he was curt.

Karl kept quiet for her to speak but she didn't.

"Hello?" He asked again and Rina quickly spoke.

"H-hi"

"Don't need your hi, why are you calling me?"

"Uhm.....I just want to speak with you"

"I think you called the wrong number" Karl said and Gg hit him on the shoulder.

"No I didn't, I know it's weird but I just have something to tell you"

"Say it then"

"Not in the phone"

"Then there is no other way because there's no way I am seeing you" Gg sighed after hearing what Karl said.

"I am sorry but we will have to talk in person"

"I am at cheesy bars" Karl said and ended the call.

"What happened?" Mg asked but Karl ignored him and drank his wine.

"It's obvious, he didn't speak to her properly, such a jerk " Gavin said and Karl looked at him.

"Who's a jerk?" Karl asked him and he shook his head.

"She is a way bigger jerk than I am, liar" he said and halted sighting something.

"How did she reach here so fast?" Karl asked no one in particular looking at Rina who looked for him.
Mg and Gg both turned and saw Rina.