Chapter 97

"What's the matter?" Rina asked him as he wore his seat belt.

"Nothing, I just have to be somewhere" he said as he stepped on the gas and zoomed off.

He reached the hotel and stopped at the gate.

"I will meet you soon. I will be back" he said before pecking her on her lips.

"Can you please give me a hint on where you're going?" She asked and he remained quiet.

"It's alright" she said as she opened the door and stepped out.

"Bye" he said. "Call me by six pm if I'm not home by then. If I don't pick, call Gavin for help" he said and Rina furrowed her brows.

"W-what do you-"

"Bye" he said and drove off.

Rina felt her heart racing but held herself. She slowly walked inside the gate.

Karl would tell her if she asked so why didn't he this time?
Something important was up, but she didn't seem to know what.

~•~

Karl stopped his car and the front of Mandy's gate and quickly came out.

He walked into the open gate and walked to the entrance door. He rang the doorbell and waited but no one answered. He knocked but no one answered so he tried opening it and surprisingly, it opened.

He stepped in slowly and the living room was visible. He looked at the shattered glass on the floor with furrowed brows.

"Mandy" he called but heard nothing.

"Man-" he was about to take a step when he saw her walk in.

He looked at her from up to down. He hair was scattered, her make up ruined and was barefooted.

He looked at her with confusion.

"Mandy-" before he was allowed to speak she ran and hugged him tight.

Karl was still trying to process everything but she started crying.

"Mandy? Why're you crying?" He asked as he pulled her out to look at her.

"Stay with me for a while please?" She asked and he furrowed his brows.

"Come" he told her as he sat her down on the couch and squatted in front of her.

"Tell me what happened?" He asked and she sniffed her nose.

"I....... I love you" she said and he looked at her for some seconds before sighing and looking elsewhere.

"I love you so much Karl" she said holding his hand and sobbing.

"Mandy-"

"I know...... you're taken and already married. But I don't care.......I beg you-"

"Mandy.....cut it out. You know it's not possible. I've told you this already......you will end up getting heartbroken-"

"Heartbroken heartbroken, I'm tired of hearing that! Karl please.......i-i beg you" she cries more and Karl sighed before taking his hand from her and getting up.