One That I Want

——————————————————————————
🎶One That I Want - Public
——————————————————————————
Y/N's POV
Jennie and I have been friends ever since we were kids. We were neighbors after all.  The two of us would always hang out and our parents are very much pleased to it. They are relieved that both of us found good company with one another.

Between the two of us, Jennie is the outgoing one. She is strong headed. Confident. Perfectionist. Always speaking her mind.

Meanwhile, I am an introvert. I would often go with the flow. I don't like being in the spotlight. I have always been like this and no one is to blame with the way I am. Its really just who I am.

Though my personality often gets me bullied, and Jennie would always get in trouble for standing up for me. I remember there was a time when Jennie saw me all battered up. My uniform is dirty and there were wounds and bruises all over my face, arms and legs.

"Who did this to you?" Jennie said as she held my shoulders.

"I simply fell down the-"

"Don't try to lie. I know you are being bullied. Who did this?" She cutted me off and her voice sounded angry.

After I told her who did it, we went straight to that person and Jennie gave him a piece of her mind. It didn't went well obviously since we ended up in the principal's office because of how Jennie handled the whole talking to your bully thing.
-
"Ha! Did you see the look on that guy's face? It was priceless!" Jennie said excitedly.

"Come on, you shouldn't have involved yourself. You could have gotten hurt."

"The teachers weren't doing anything to stop him. I have to do something obviously."

"But you got yourself into trouble because of me. I always bring you trouble." I told her.

Jennie stopped walking but I didn't notice.

"You moron."

"Huh?" I stopped and faced her, as I saw her pouting at me. Cute.

"That's what friends are for! Of course I have to save you from those bullies of yours. That is why you must always tell me, okay? If somethings bothering you, just tell me. And I'll come running to save your sorry ass."

I looked at her and cried. Yeah I am that emotional. Suddenly I felt someone patting my back

"Hey stop crying! You could have just said your grateful and then bought me some ice cream. No need to be overly dramatic!"

I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and straightened my uniform.

"I'm sorry. And thank you Nini."

Jennie smiled as she dragged me to the nearest convenience store for her ice cream.
-
We were now both in high school but our friendship remained the same. Despite becoming one of the popular kids, Jennie is still Jennie. She would still hangout with me. Nothing changed. Maybe something changed, because as time passed by, I became more and mooooore boring.

"Hey Y/N." My seatmate called.

"Yes?"

"You are really close with Jennie, right?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Well, do you know if she is seeing someone right now?"

Ugh. Another pest. These days, people have been bothering me nonstop. They kept asking the same set of questions.

"If her eyes are open, of course she sees someone." I replied sarcastically as I continued to write on my notebook.

"Come on, man. That's obviously not what I meant."