𝟘𝟚. 𝖻𝗈𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗀𝖺𝗍𝖾

The team is walking through the airport to get to their gate

Romelle: Lance, what is the name of the airline again?

Lance: JetBlue.

Romelle: Ooo that's a good name. Is it a good airline?

Lance: Yea, as airlines go I think it's not too shabby.

Romelle: Oh good! Is the plane gonna be blue?

Lance: Uhhh no I don't think so. Why?

Romelle: Well, it's called JetBlue isn't it?

Lance: Yea that's just the name tho.

Romelle: Hmmm well that's very disappointing.

The team starts walking by the gates.

Shiro: Keith, you have the flight info. Which one?

Keith looks.

Keith: Ummmm let's see. Terminal 3, gate 263.

Shiro: Ok, almost there.

Pidge is looking at the huge rows of purple ball lights on strings on the ceiling that are twisting along with their path. The lights give the illusion that there are shadows of birds flying and people swimming in them.

Pidge, distracted, begins to stray from the group.

Pidge breathes a gasp.

Pidge: Whoaaaaaaa.

Allura grabs the handle to Pidge's backpack and pulls her back towards her.

Pidge: Oops sorry.

Allura: Maybe you should hold my hand. Then you can stare at all the stuff you want without straying.

Pidge sighs and gives Allura a look like, "Really?"

Allura gives her a look.

Pidge: Okaaay.

She takes Allura's hand.

The team arrives at the gate.

Keith: Alright, we got 30 minutes to eat, buy snacks and water-

Romelle whispers something to Keith.

Keith: Ummm ok, maybe buy travel pillows, and go to the bathroom one last time.

All: Ok!

The team fans out with the agreement to meet back at their seats at the gate.

The girls head to the shops to get snacks.

Romelle: We should get travel pillows!

Allura: Ooooo what are those?

Pidge: Those are what everyone has on their necks see?

Pidge points to a man with a travel pillow.

Pidge: I used to have one at home at my family's house, but I haven't seen it since before I left for the Garrison. Who knows where it is now. It's probably still in my closet. I want one now though, so I think I'm gonna get a new one.

As the girls are talking, they hear an announcement over the speakers.

Announcement: Security is everyone's responsibility. All persons must go through security before boarding their flight.

Romelle: But we already went through security! I don't wanna go through again.

Pidge: We don't have to, that's just to remind people. It doesn't apply to us. Although I wouldn't think it would apply to any of these people.

Pidge gestures around them.

Pidge: You have to go through security to get here.

Allura: Hmm.

The girls head over to the travel pillows.

Romelle picks a soft teal one with white zig zags. When she squeezes it it kinda feels like a bean bag.

Allura picks a soft lilac one. It's squishy.

Pidge, of course, picks a light green one with two dark green zig zags looping around each end. It's soft and squishy like Allura's.

They each grab a Smart Water, a bag of Chex Mix, and a pack of gum along with their travel pillows and go pay.

Then they stop at a little cafe and grab some bagels.

Then they head back to meet the boys at the boarding gate.