𝟙𝟙. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝗌𝗍 𝗈𝖿𝖿𝗂𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝖽𝖺𝗒

One day later:

One day later:

The team didn't get up at one that day they arrived, they got up at two. After lunch and a half hearted day of walking around town sightseeing, they went back to the hotel and crashed at only ten o'clock.

Now, they are starting their first official, non travel day of vacation.

Everyone is still asleep at the hotel. Allura stirs in her bed, and her eyes flutter open. She takes in the room she shares with the girls, laying curled up under her quilt. It is their first morning waking up there. First official full morning of vacation.

Allura: Mmmmm...

Allura's thoughts: "Mmm I'm sleepy. What time is it?"

Allura looks at the clock. 7:00 a.m. A bit of jet lag is going on. Romelle is sideways in the bed next to Allura's.

Allura's thoughts: "Romelle is sideways in her bed again. What are we going to do with that girl? One of these days she's gonna roll right out of the bed."

Pidge lays asleep in the bed, next to Allura under the heavy quilt. Allura can hear her deep, steady breathing.

Allura's thoughts: "Look at Pidge. She looks so small and peaceful when she's asleep."

Allura rolls over in her bed and is letting her eyes fall closed again, when she hears a soft knock at the door. She slowly climbs out of the bed, careful not to wake her roommates. The knocking gets louder. Allura hears a voice whispering "Ally. Ally!" from the other side of the door. She opens the door and sees Lance standing in his bathrobe in the sunny hotel hallway.

Allura whispering: Lance! What do you want? It's early, the girls are still sleeping.

Lance: Oh sorry. I think I'm jet lagged, I woke up early.

Allura: Yeah me too. Did you need something?

Lance: Yeah, can I borrow your bottle of lotion? I forgot mine.

Allura: Oh yeah sure just don't use to much of it.

Lance: Ok.

Allura gives Lance the lotion and he goes back to his room. She closes the door and climbs back into bed. A bit later, Romelle shifts in her bed and sits up, groggy and half awake. Allura looks at the clock. 8:00 a.m. She must have dozed off again and not noticed. She starts to sit up.

Allura's thoughts: "I guess we might as well get an early start. Between this and the long flight, everyone will be super tired tonight. I guess I'll wake Pidge."

Allura shakes Pidge's shoulder gently.

Pidge: Mmmmm...

Allura: Time to get up little girl. We've got a big day ahead of us.

~

Pidge could feel the weight of the heavy quilt on her. She felt so warm, so... tranquil. Then she felt a hand on her shoulder, and she began to wake up, her foggy morning mind beginning to clear. She opened her eyes a bit and saw the warm sunlight streaming from the top of the curtains.