𝟘𝟠. 𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂𝗏𝖺𝗅

The team has finished their food and it's almost time for landing

The team has finished their food and it's almost time for landing. They're packing most of their stuff away in their backpacks.

Pidge has put everything away except for her phone and earbuds and a pack of gum. (Allura folded the blanket neatly after Pidge's attempts to shove it in her backpack in a ball didn't work)

She stares out the window at the still-dark early morning sky.

She has an idea. It's been a long, tired, stressful night.

She searches Spotify for the song she wants. She presses play.

The first notes fill her mind. And then the words.

🎶Here comes the sun, doodndoodoo, here comes the sun, I say, it's alright🎶

Pidge loves this song. She feels the soothing calm wash over her. She needed this.

She feels her stomach drop with the plane.

Then the wheels hit the runway with a crack, and they have officially landed at their destination.

Once it's their turn to get in line, Allura hustles the girls off the plane.

Once they get to their gate, they look for the boys, but they're nowhere in sight.

Allura: They're probably still waiting.

Pidge: Maybe we should just head to baggage claim and text them to meet us there. That way everyone can just head to baggage claim as soon as they get off the plane, and no one will be waiting around.

Allura: Ok, I'll text them.

Allura texts the group chat, and everyone says that that will work just fine.

The girls start walking to baggage claim, and soon they are lost in a sea of travelers.

The airport is beautiful, with high ceilings and a color scheme of white walls with metal and glass.

Pidge: Woah.

After some walking, Allura realizes that they don't know where they're going. They are lost.

The girls stop to check a directory, and after some navigating, they make it to baggage claim.

They stand around waiting for their luggage. Watching all the suitcases of different shapes and sizes go round and round on the metal conveyor belt. And they don't have to wait long for the first of their suitcases to come out. A little pink one.

Romelle: My suitcase!!

Romelle shoves through to the conveyor belt and grabs her suitcase.

Not long after, Allura sees Lance's dark blue one and grabs that one too.

Lance and Hunk arrive.

Hunk: Hey guys!

Romelle: Hi!

She hugs Hunk. So does Pidge.

Romelle: We haven't found your suitcase yet!

Allura to Lance: Hi luvy! I got your suitcase.

They hug and kiss each other on the cheek.

Then Pidge's suitcase slides down the belt.

Hunk: There!

Pidge grabs her green and white suitcase and hoists it off the belt.

Pidge: Yay! I missed you suitcase.

Just then Coran, Keith, and Shiro arrive.

Lance: Hey!

Keith: Hey! Who's suitcases do we still need?

Allura: Ummm let's see. Mine, Hunk's, yours, Shiro's, and Coran's-

Pidge: There's Shiro's!

Shiro dashes and grabs his.

Just a bit later Hunk's suitcase comes.

They wait for a bit and then grab Coran's, and a bit later Keith's.

Now they're just waiting for Allura's suitcase.

And waiting, and waiting... and waiting.

They've been at the baggage claim for a while now. Less and less suitcases are coming out.

Allura gasps.

Allura: What if mine didn't get transferred to the new airline?! What if it's still somewhere at the airport where we made our layover?

Lance: Hey, hey, calm down Ally. Let's not jump to conclusions. We don't know how sure that that's what happened. Let's wait a bit longer.

Allura: Ok...

Allura is rubbing her bracelet anxiously.

Ally's thoughts: "Calm down Allura. We'll find it. Ugh, but my Bayard is in there! It has to be here. There are still more suitcases. At least my bracelet wasn't in there, now, that would be dreadful. Allura?! What are you saying, that a little bracelet your boyfriend gave you is more important than the ancient bayard made for the blue paladin? Aw, but it is to me. No! Don't say that!"

Let's just say she's about to have a nervous breakdown.

The flow of suitcases stops.

Allura: Oh no!

Pidge looks terribly worried.

Then the conveyor belt stops.

Shiro is flagging a worker before anyone can say anything more.

Him and the worker are talking and talking and Shiro is asking questions and pressing the question of the suitcase.

Allura is standing there worriedly. Lance comes over and puts his arm around her.

Lance: It's going to be ok Allura. We'll figure it out.

Allura is quiet.

Shiro comes back over.

Shiro: They're going to check to see if there are any suitcases left on the plane that they missed.

After some time of nervous wringing of hands and shifting of feet and rubbing of bracelet on Allura's part, the worker comes back. And she's wheeling a little indigo suitcase.

Allura: Oh thank god! Thank you so much!

Worker: Of course ma'am, I'm glad I could help you find your missing luggage.

She walks away.

And so, suitcase handles in hand, team Voltron walks through the airport in the new light of the early morning sunrise.

The team walks through the airport, in awe of its beauty. The high ceiling, the white walls and big glass windows.

Pidge: This airport is beautiful!

Romelle: You can say that again.

She light from the sunrise is streaming in through the windows.

Together, the team walks out of the airport and into the city, their final destination, at last.