Part 4

"So, let's chat!" She beamed. Jinx's brows furrowed, "About?". Jela scoffed while leading her to the old bench. "Anything, for example... Why'd you suddenly leave yesterday?"

Jinx sat next to her and shrugged, "I guess I got overwhelmed". The ravenette hummed while observing her closed body language. Honestly, she didn't understand what Jinx meant. "Is that also why you isolate? Yourself, I mean, cuz you seem reluctant to talk... Heard you didn't come here to mingle" she referenced what Delia reported, a cheeky smile on her round face.

Jinx's thin lips parted to say something in vain. The noirette poked her with herr elbow, "Relax, you don't have to answer shit if you don't want to. Loosen up, yeah? I'm not judging" Her blue eyes met hers for the first time. Thankfully, she wasn't avoiding eye contact anymore. Jela could stare enough to notice her dilated pupils despite the sunlight.

The eye contact didn't bother the teen but on Jinx's side, a lot of things were going on.

(Bold for Jinx's thoughts and italics for the voices she hears, like usual)

You see? She can't even have a real conversation, said Mylo. I can! I just need to breathe... I mean, her eyes are... Anyways, shut up! I won't let you mess this up.
Right, her question... Why do I isolate myself? Tch...

"I don't know, I just do. Otherwise, it's weird" she answered tightly. "I see... But we can change that. People don't get along with everyone but we are social animals. Even if you like alone time, having someone is incredibly fun... Don't deprive yourself of that" she leaned toward her. "I mean, at this point... Why try? I'm well aware that I already messed everything up and... They... They don't like me, I don't like them. Let's just pretend they don't exist!"

Jinx spoke more naturally and her tone was unique to her. Jela's small eyes sparkled, she was getting a little comfortable. "Them... You mean your class? Grade 10A?" She tilted her head but the ravenette understood it was meant as a nod. "Speaking of which, I heard you had beef with Delia on the first day" she asserted. "Who?" "Uh, you know. The rich purple-haired girl" "The one that looked like she came from a donation pile?"

Jela blinked. Was she serious? She shook her head, "N-no, I'm not talking about someone from a donation pile" "Well, I guess I don't know who you're talking about" Jela let out a chuckle, it was funny but baffling. "So, uh, what happened that morning? With Delia, the girl who must have talked shit to you"

Jinx hummed, collecting annoying memories was difficult. "Well, well, well... I entered and those weirdos were gawking. So of course, I told them to fuck off and then the crunchy lizard walked up to me-" "Jinx, sorry to interrupt. I know you don't like her but... Can you refer to her as a human?"

She gazed at her curiously, "Why do you care so much anyway? You're friends? Did she send you here? Oh, I get it... That would make much more sense. I knew something was off!" She stood up, the feelings of being fooled and betrayed building up. Before they could reach the extra mile, Jela stood up, placed her hands on her shoulders and sat her back down.

"I'm not here because of Delia nor because of you. I'm asking you to not call her names because I've known Delia for long and it makes me quite uncomfortable. Are we good?" Her brows furrowed in confusion and discontent. "I don't understand..." "What do you not understand?" Jinx cringed and shook her head, "Forget it".

She likes that girl better than you, remarked Mylo. She said she knew her for long, doesn't mean they're close, retorted Claggor. I don't give a shit, she better not get in my way! I... I think I want her... I can have her. Can't I?

"Are we good? It's tiring to persuade you when you want to believe I'm something else" "Right... Sorry" "Accepted, so, you were saying?" When she was about to speak, Jinx was cut off by the bell ringing. "Sheesh," Jela turned to her and noticed the disappointment on her face.

"Uh, when can I, I mean, when should we? Sorry... Can we meet here every morning?" The noirette gazed at her pleading eyes. "Not every morning. I can't promise that" She let out a faint, "oh", as her gaze fell. " W-why?" "There's no need anyway. Let's just exchange numbers" Her figure relaxed as she leaned towards Jela slightly.

"Seriously?! Sorry... I mean, you don't mind?" "I wouldn't have asked if I did, silly". The ravenette unlocked her phone and created a new contact. She titled it 'Jinx' and handed her the phone. Her pale hands fumbled around with it while taking out hers, a nervous smile on her face. "What is it?"

"I, uh, never bothered to remember my own number... I need to check from mine, sorry" Jela shook her head, "It's fine. Took me a while to learn mine too" Once done, Jinx returned her phone and shyly gave her hers. After filling in the contact info, the dark-skinned girl handed over her phone and stood up.

"I'll see you later maybe" she waved. Jinx stood up. A smile graced her features while she waved back "See you, Jela"

The teen sighed while walking away. The interaction had drained her, especially because she didn't expect it. The ravenette in for some quiet time but hey, at least she gave back the notebook as planned. Jela didn't know where this whole thing with Jinx was leading.

Sure, the pale girl was interesting and the noirette mentioned she wanted to get attached. But that's only after learning and investigating. And there was a maybe attached to it...

"Even when people take their time to investigate, you might not like what you see, you might not be able to deal with it, it might be draining... And that's fine, we can't be compatible with everyone. I'm curious and still here despite the signs... I'll investigate, I'll learn. And if we're not compatible, I'll let it go "

Hopefully, if that ever comes to happen, Jinx will let it go too.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I know it's short but I'm tired and tbh it may not be as good as the others but, it gets better.

So, how do you think things will work out?🌚

Also, the video above from Wholesome girlfriend (love the channel), is basically what I think of Jinx's voice whenever I'm writing so...