1 | The Cold Truth

One day, in the bustling town of New York City, the gang was celebrating Diane's birthday at the Big Apple, her favorite place. And on her favorite holiday too! Christmas time!! The snow was extremely beautiful, falling against the window and all over the glowing buildings.

"Alright, P, start your melodious tunes of celebration.", Wolf said with a smile as he caught Diane glancing at him, who gave a grin. What he didn't know was that she blushed at his gesture.

As Piranha finished his singing, Diane blowed the candles, and everyone clapped.

When the festivities ended, it was time for presents. Snake got Diane a button that said, "Happy Birthday!" with a piece of tape over a name and written (curtesy of Wolf) "Diane" in cursive. Piranha got Diane a pair of nunchucks and a brass knuckle.

"Woah, P! What the thorax does Diane need those for?!", Webs exclaimed.

"Calmese hermana, it's just a defense thing, in case she needs to kick a few culata.", Piranha said.

Diane chuckled and said, "I'm fine, P, I can already kick a few butts. Thanks buddy for the gift, though." She rubbed the top of his head, gaining a cute one toothed smile from him.

Webs got Diane a new set of headphones, Shark got her a shark-tooth necklace. "A symbol of strength", he told her.

And it was Wolf's turn.

"Alright, Diane, since we're saving the best for last", Wolf said with a chuckle, "I've been meaning to return this. Well...I had it for a while. After Marmalade broke it, I asked Higgins to fix it. And..."

He had the ring. The Zumpango Gem on a silver ring.

Diane was shocked and hugged Wolf. The crew was happy but Snake shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

Diane then surprised Wolf by kissing him. And all they heard was the crew's gasps. Once Diane realized what she was doing, she broke the kiss. The two were very flustered.

"I uh...", Wolf was bewildered. But everyone heard the door slam open and shut due to the cold winds outside. Everybody was inside except for Snake.

"Sorry, Diane, I gotta go.", he said, opening the door. He saw Snake, who was slithering outside with no scarf, no hoodie, just an aloha shirt.

"Snake! Come inside! Aren't you cold-blooded? You'll freeze out here!!", Wolf yelled as his best friend was still slithering.

Then, he stopped.

"Do you...love her?", Snake said with a hint of bitterness in his voice.

Wolf stopped. Oh, you've gotta be kidding me, Wolf thought.

"Snake, you're over-exaggerating, just come insi-"

"ANSWER MY QUESTION!", Snake yelled, making Wolf jump.

"Of course I don't!", Wolf retorted back.

"But you kissed her"

"She kissed me first! I- I don't even like her! My tail wasn't even wagging, I don't know why you're so uptight about it! As a matter of fact, why are you out of all of us, so bitter about this whole fiasco, huh?", Wolf said, his eyes turning red.

"BECAUSE I LIKE YOU OKAY?!?!", Snake yelled.

And it was silent.

Then, Wolf's tail began wagging. Desperately, he tried to stop it but all Snake did was laugh.

"I guess you do feel the same, huh?", Snake said.

"Oh snap your jaw, Snake.", Wolf said with a death glare.

The two shared a laugh as Snake went up to hug his buddy. Wolf hugged back and gave him a little peck on the head.

"Come on, let's go back inside before Diane thinks we left.", Wolf said.

"Hm...what if we do?", Snake suggested.

Wolf pondered. Sounds like a plan. And so they did. The ditched an entire birthday party to get drunk off of ice cream and almost robbed another bank.

A/n: good god this feels rushed anyways hope you enjoyed :)