2 | Feelin' Alright (I'm Not Feeling Too Good Myself)

A/n: Takes place during the Bad Guys' prison time; One shot is based on the song above; CW: poisoning and abuse

In the one year that the Bad Guys' were in prison, Wolf was in a cell with Piranha while the rest of the crew were in their own cells with other cell mates.

"You good hermano?", Piranha asked one evening.

"Uh yeah y-yeah, P, I'm okay. Why?", Wolf stammered.

"Well...these past few nights, you've been mumbling in your sleep. Crying. And then you scream yourself awake. I try not to mess with ya but now I'm getting worried. You can tell me what's going on, ya know"

The truth is, Wolf didn't want to tell Piranha about the grueling nightmare that plagues his mind when he sleeps. After what had happened with Marmalade, he felt so much regret. He...felt ensnared (Yeesh such a word) by that little pig's manipulative words.

Wolf didn't say anything because he didn't want to tell his own hermano his feelings. He didn't want to be seen as vulnerable around his buddy. He just had his legs curled up against his chest.

So Piranha frowned but accepted. "Hey. When you're ready to talk, I'm gonna be there for you, okay?", he said with a one-toothed smile. Then, Piranha went to his side of the cell, immediately falling asleep.

Wolf gave his brother-in-arms a small grin and tried to fall asleep. And once he closed his eyes, the nightmare began...

Once he opened his eyes, Wolf found himself back in the truck on the way to SUCM, his hands chained behind him, in which the chains were attached to the wall behind him.

The crew wasn't even there. It was just him and Marmalade. And Marmalade had a key.

"Pst, hey. Marmalade. Get me outta here.", Wolf asked. Honestly, that little weasel was the last person Wolf wanted to talk to.

"Oh, hello, Mr Wolf. Honestly, I would love to free you from those chains but I won't. Because if I do, you still won't be free. You always think freedom has taken you but in reality, you're still chained from the true reason why you became a villain.", Marmalade said, smirking.

"Ugh, listen pipsqueak, I honestly have NO time for this, just get me outta he-"

Then, Wolf's speaking just stopped. Looking down, he had a muzzle on. (Oh yeah some fucking Zootopia vibe bruv- I am so sorry)

What the hell, Wolf thought.

Then, it kicked in. The trauma. When he was young, Wolf would get blamed for everything bad that happened in his family. And that always resulted in The Muzzle. A punishment made only for him.

Most of the time he would go months without speaking and every time his family saw him with it on, they assumed it was him that did something bad.

Most if not all of the time, Wolf didn't even do anything wrong. Then, he did something unspeakable that not even his own crew knows. When he turned 16, he laced his parents food with acid he stole from his science class. And he left to Los Angeles. His parents were pronounced dead the next day.

Back in the van, Wolf was having a panic attack while Marmalade snapped his fingers again, the muzzle completely gone.

"Now tell me, Wolf. Did you do that petty crime because you wanted revenge for all the horrible things your parents did to you?"

Tears falling, Wolf nodded. And all Marmalade did was clap his hands and everything went dark.

Piranha woke up to a scream and rushed over to his buddy's side. "Woah, hermano, I'm here! Calmese, bro, calmese", Piranha assured Wolf by humming a tune.

With a shaky paw, he allowed it to be clasped with Piranha's tiny green hand.

"Piranha...there's something I need to tell you and the crew.", Wolf confessed.