eight.

Even though she knew they'd tease her, Camila told her co-workers that she was going out with Shawn again. She decided she really didn't mind their teasing, and she couldn't help how excited she sounded.

"He's going to cook me dinner." Camila said, unable to hold back a smile.

"Wow, can he actually cook?" Maria asked.

"Well...that remains to be seen." Camila said. "But I'm sure he's gonna try his best."

"If he's cooking dinner, then you have to bring the dessert." Maria said. "Oh—and the wine!"

Camila hadn't thought of that before, but the more she considered it, the more she realized she didn't want to show up empty-handed.

She decided to make one of her favorite recipes she learned from a place she used to work at—raspberry chocolate cupcakes. They were beautiful chocolate cakes with raspberry cream in the middle and raspberries on top of the frosting.

She usually made them for Luna's birthday and she hoped Shawn would like them too.

She was going over to his place for dinner on Saturday, meaning she needed to get all the ingredients Friday after work.

She picked Luna up from school and they stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Luna was used to grocery shopping with Camila, she knew how to walk beside the cart quietly without touching anything.

"Are we making cupcakes?" Luna asked excitedly, watching Camila examine the raspberries in the produce section for the best ones.

"Yep." Camila smiled. "We're gonna take them to Shawn and Seth's house."

"But it's not their birthdays until August eighth." She said, smiling proudly to have remembered that.

"I know it's no one's birthday, but I wanna make them anyway. We're having dinner at their house, so these are for dessert."

"I love those." She sighed. "They're my favorites."

"I know." Camila laughed. "You can have one after you help me make them. I hope they like them too."

Camila finished gathering the ingredients for the cupcakes and decided to grab some other little things they needed at home. She picked up some meat before going to the cereal aisle and telling Luna to pick out what she wanted.

As Luna took her time studying the cereal boxes, Camila couldn't help but let her mind wander, growing excited about tomorrow night.

She also began to wonder what this meant, exactly. This would be their second time going out, did that make them boyfriend and girlfriend?

It'd been a really long time since she had that.

She decided she'd ask him tomorrow if he wanted to be official. She much preferred having a genuine talk about it rather than the alternative—just assuming,

She remembered being official with Matt. He hadn't even asked her ahead of time, he'd just put his arm around her at a frat party he'd invited her to and started introducing her to everyone as his girlfriend.

Camila did find it a little weird that he hadn't asked her in private to be his girlfriend before the party, but she was also too elated that they were official to really care about etiquette.

Matt's fraternity friends weren't like frat boys in movies who chugged kegs of beer and partied all night. They were all trust-fund guys whose dads' owned big companies.

Matt didn't have any family anymore, so his frat was like his family. Camila knew it was important to him, so she smiled and listened to their boring stories while Matt had his arm around her.