ten.

A/N: warning for spicy adult themes in this chapter!

--

As much as Camila loved going places with Shawn, dressing up and going out and eating dinner, it was also nice to stay in together.

Camila had worked a double on Friday, needing the money so she could take Luna shopping for some new clothes.

On Saturday afternoon, Camila and Luna went to the mall together. Camila got her two new dresses, new shorts, t-shirts, and sandals. She even put in an order for a new school uniform for her before she outgrew her current one.

After all the shopping, she and Luna stopped at the food court for dinner. They sat, eating together and Camila smiled, feeling so happy with her little girl.

She loved spending time with Luna, just them together, but she was exhausted by the time she got home, carrying all the shopping bags.

She hung Luna's new clothes up in her closet, finishing just as she got a text from Shawn asking to come over. Of course, Camila said yes.

The kids were upstairs playing as Camila and Shawn were downstairs on the couch. They put it on a cooking show, one of Camila's favorites—Hell's Kitchen.

"Jesus." Shawn sighed softly after the first round of swearing. "What is he so angry about?"

"Chef Ramsay hates when professionals cut corners or act like hot shit when they really can't cook at all." Camila sighed, laying her head on Shawn's shoulder. "I wish I were in that kitchen."

"What? You actually wanna work for him? But he's so scary."

"I could do it! He'd love me."

"Well, I believe that." He smiled.

He put his arm around her and Camila felt her heart beat just a bit faster. Everything about him made her feel that way, simultaneously so excited yet so calm and relaxed. He made her feel so safe.

His hand was resting on her shoulder and she watched his fingers from the corner of her eye, feeling them drumming lightly against her skin.

She closed her eyes for a second, remembering their first date when he played for her. She really wished he would again, but every time she brought it up, he always said he'd play guitar for her if she sang for him.

Maybe she could again, one day, but it just made her so nervous, and not good nervous like the way she felt now, feeling his warmth and breathing in his scent.

She took her head off his shoulder and looked at him. After a second, Shawn took his eyes off the tv and looked at her.

"What?" He smiled softly at her. "What is it?"

"Nothing." She glanced away. "Just thinking about how hot you are."

"What?" His face turned red. "You can't just say stuff like that—"

"Why not? It's true." She was blushing too. "You're so hot, I especially love your hair."

Camila turned to face him, reaching up to ruffle his hair with her fingers. As always, it was so soft and perfect, making her heart race even faster.

"Well, I think you're beautiful."

Her eyes moved down from his hair and locked with his. She immediately felt her face flushing again, looking back at his sweet smile.

But there was something else in his eyes, other than that usual sweetness. She knew what it was, making her heart feel like it was going to beat out of her chest as her hand moved to the back of his head, her fingers sliding through the curls on the back of his neck as he leaned in.