Heather - Jungkook

I still remember third of December, me in your sweater.

You said it looked better on me than it did you.

"Y/N? Are you cold?" Jungkook asked.

"No, I'm fine."

"You know what? Just keep it, it looks better on you anyway." Jungkook smiled, handing you his sweater.

Only if you knew how much I liked you.

You loved Jungkook, not only as a friend but something more...You loved him as your crush. You knew that he was never going to love you back, and it would remain like that for the rest of your life.

But I watch your eyes as she walks by,

What a sight for sore eyes.

You stared at Jungkook, seeing him make googly eyes at Heather that was walking into the classroom.

"Isn't she great?" Jungkook sighed. All you could do was listen as Jungkook rambled on and on about Heather.

Brighter than the blue sky,
She's got you mesmerized while I die.

You watched as Jungkook walked in with Heather as his date for prom. 

"I love you." Jungkook whispered to her.

"Love you too, babe." She replied, giggling. BABE?! He never told you that they were dating, Heather was his present...And you were his past.

Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty.

You stared with a blank face, watching Jungkook kiss Heather. He kissed her with such passion, you sighed tears falling from your eyes. She was so pretty, and you? Nothing compared to her. Or so you thought.

You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester
But you like her better
Wish I were Heather

You haven't seen Jungkook for 3 years, you wondered how he was doing. You still had his number. You picked the phone up, about to press dial, but flinched away, scared. He was probably married and forgot about you. You still remember how he gave Heather a sweater...The same thing he did to you 8 years ago...Years before Heather came along.

Alternative ending

"Come on babe, let's go!" You said to your boyfriend, Yoongi. He chuckles. 

"Ok, ok, slow down." 

You ran so fast that you didn't see Jungkook, who was teary-eyed and crying. 

"I'm so sorry- Jungkook?" You stared in disbelief.

"Y/N?" Jungkook asked softly.

"It's been a while."

"It sure has." 

"Babe, I told you not to run so fast! You're not a child- Oh, who's this?" Yoongi asked, panting.

"Sorry babe, this is my friend." You smiled. Jungkook stared at Yoongi sadly. 

"I-I'm sorry, did you just call him babe?" Jungkook questioned.

 "Yeah, I'm dating Yoongi. Why?"

"I loved you, you know."

"It didn't look like it, where's Heather?"

"We broke up just now. She was cheating on me."

"I'm sorry, but I've moved on. I used to like you...But, I love Yoongi now. I'll see you around." You said, walking around Jungkook with Yoongi.

--------------------------------

Welcome to the author's note. I got inspired once again by lilacmingi she's an amazing writer, and her version of "Heather" Really made me sob my heart out. <3

Q: Favorite song?

A: Blue & Grey, by BTS

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, enjoy your day! <3