Thirty-Eight Asiel

Mika

Mika.

Mika.

Mika.

My newfound revelation brought a new sense of happiness, pride, and I didn't care about anything. All my priorities have been pushed aside, so I can focus on how to shower my girlfriend, my woman, my love until she's overflowing with the love I have for her. Mateo was seething with the fact that I shoved the Velasquez issue to the side for the time being.

Thankfully, I sent him away to Colombia to settle the issues with our extended family. It's also a good excuse to keep his opinions to himself.

Who cares about Luka?

If he wants to put our familias through war, he's going to have to take the first jab at us. Asiel Morterero does not start arguments. I simply put them to bed. I won't be like my papa. Using the bystanders as his leverage, harming the other side by killing anything associated with them. I rather die a million deaths before condemning others for their action. Mateo sides with my papa, begging I take incitive and go after Luka's familia.

However, I never realize how hard it is to focus on a game plan when you're so in love. Make sense. I never had the pleasure of experiencing the blissful sensation until I met Mika, and I'm doing whatever I can to keep it. Even if it's one-sided, I'm just happy to be by her side, to be useful to her.

Call me a fool.

Everyone does.

Might as well play along with their narrative.

Groaning, I toss my buttermilk beige tie into my collection of discarded ties as I reach for a plain black one. Perfect. Why do I bother buying any other color when the only ties and suits I can stand are solely black? My heart is hammering in my chest as I glance at my clock, an hour until I have Mika all to myself again.

A vibration comes from my trousers, and I pull out my phone to see Spencer's contact photo, instantly answering it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Asiel," Spencer says, faint music playing in the background.

I scratch the back of my head, leaning on the mirror. "How's the bachelor's getaway? Is it torture to be away from your future wife?"

Spencer chuckles. "Honestly, yeah. I call her every night, and my brothers cringe every time. They should try to fall in love someday, then they will understand."

"Yeah, I would do the exact same thing as you," I admit, my lips curling into a smile as I picture her stunning face in my head. "It's almost painful to be hours apart from my girlfriend, and I don't think that's healthy. She's tame me with a love spell I don't and wouldn't ever break."

Another ripple of laughter comes from his line. "I guess things worked out with your mystery girl."

"It's complicated."