Fifty-One Mika

The short platinum blonde bob jerks with every clink of my stilettos as I strut up the driveway

The short platinum blonde bob jerks with every clink of my stilettos as I strut up the driveway. Wind whistles through the trees, causing a burst of goosebumps on my skin. The fluffy white fur coat isn't doing enough to combat the wind. I feel my nipples harden from the coat, probably see-through from my silk material. The black spaghetti strap satin dress with side silt rises my thighs as I walk up the stairs.

When I used to frequently visit his house, Luka's bodyguards wouldn't risk a limb to gawk at my body. Now, with my disguise on full charge, they aren't bothering to hide their hungry gaze. I don't care. It's a reaction I received from men when I began developing around the early age of thirteen.

His two chief bodyguards, Felipe and Cherie, escort me to Luka's chambers, standing on both sides of me. They're close enough to pretend like they bumped into me when really they're trying to feel me up. Fucking scumbags. I can't wait to shoot a bullet through all of their skulls. Maybe I'll collect their blood and use it for a painting. It's a good way for them to serve their purpose to me.

Cherie knocks on Luka's door. "Jefe, we have an Amelia Costa here. We know not to disturb you, but she had a compelling argument. Apparently, you scheduled a meeting with her."

"Yes," he yells through the door. "Open the doors for the beauty and send her in. Leaves us alone afterward unless you guys have some fucked up kinks."

Cherie side-eyes me, but the smirk never drops from his face. Lately, any male attention that wasn't from my boyfriend made my skin crawl. I do love and value having power over men, but I can't stand all the gawking. Asiel has got me used to the soft glimmers in his emerald eyes whenever they land on me.

I'm turning into a puddle of goo.

The broad set of rustic wooden doors open with a push of Cherie's arms, and he signals for me to go by cocking his head. Luka is standing in front of the bay window, observing the Gardner trimming his lawn with a tumbler of whiskey in his hand. His gaze leaves the window, trailing over my non-discreet disguise with amusement.

Once I step in, Cherie closes the door behind him, and I release the breath I was holding. "Remind me. Aren't you the one that's so eager to have this secret alliance? Then why do I have to show up in a whole disguise? Doesn't seem fair to me."

Luka throws his whiskey down his throat. "I'll compensate then. Besides, we wouldn't want to risk exposing our intentions to Asiel until it's too late. He probably has his people monitoring Diablo's Paraiso. Especially after our surprise attack."

Opening my black clutch purse, I pull out a strip of gum and shove it in my mouth, tasting the sweet mint flavor on my tongue. To think I let myself get distracted and risked the chance of losing Asiel. I need to screw my head on straight, dissect everything Luka reveals to me, and get rid of him once and for all.

It's easy when I have the men wrap around my fingers, but I have a massive liability that he will hang over my head. There's no doubt about it. Until my plan is in motion, I'm the rabbit chasing after the dangling carrot. Luka walks over to his desk, pulls the chair out, and sits in it. My pumps cause the planks to creak as I sit my ass on the desk, my dress hiking up past mid-thigh.