Sixty Four-Mika

Even in death, Spencer Forbes manages to fuck me sideways

Even in death, Spencer Forbes manages to fuck me sideways. Though I'm not an idiot — he didn't have anything to do with this. Asiel has someone either looking out for him or wanting to strip him down. I'm not sure which it is yet. But the secret is out. The great, bad Mictlantecuhtli is a girl. My time is limited.

Out of everything in the box, the emblem on the documents caught my attention — a skull with a crown on its head. It brought me back to my drug mule days when the surrounding members were branded with that mark. Just so happens that Officer Mendez is marked too. It's not on his neck like the others — that would expose him to the academy. But that doesn't matter. What matters is he has the answers I'm looking for because I know for a fact that the skull has something to do with the bounty on Asiel's head.

"Earth to Mika," Diablo says, waving his hand in my face.

I blink, returning to reality. "Sorry. I was envisioning what it would feel like to be fucked in space."

His face scrunches with disgust. "That's really random. Even for you."

My finger drums on his desk as I watch him signing multiple sheets of paper. "How did you get me out of the drug den? You know, the one I was in as a kid."

"You mean your boyfriend's familia?" He scoffs, flipping over the paper. "It's been ten years, Mika. Why are you asking now?"

With narrowed eyes, I dig my heel into his ribs for my own amusement. "It's just at that time-- I was so thankful to be taken out of that horrible place that I didn't think anything of it."

Diablo arches a brow with a sly smirk on his lips. "So you don't feel thankful anymore? That's why you're asking?"

"No, you dumbass." I smack his shoulder.

He clicks his tongue. "Whatever."

"Of course I still am." I lean over to fix the crooked black and white tie hanging around Diablo's neck. "I'm just curious. It was a drug den. You weren't the person you're today-- you were starting out. Why did they let me go so easily when I could've easily gotten immunity from the cops?"

It's true.

Even with our strained, complicated relationship, I definitely felt some sort of gratitude for Diablo. It was irritating because I had to wait so many years for freedom. Without Diablo, I probably wouldn't have built this life for myself. Yeah, I'm entangled with a bunch of shit, but I'm with my primary source of happiness because of the path I was forced up.

His lips fold in. "But you didn't, Mika."

I sigh, wondering where my life could've gone if I had spoken up. "Yeah, because I'll probably end up in juvenile prison myself. Besides, I wasn't alone. I had you."

Diablo grips his chest as his lips protrude to a pout. "Sweet. Nice try, but flirting gets you nowhere with me."

I groan, clutching onto the cuff of his sleeves. "Tell me. Pretty please, with a cherry on top."