Fifty-Eight Asiel

My heart stops

My heart stops.

Air flees my lungs like I've been punched with a fist full of passion. There's a dip, an anxious knot in the middle of your stomach when you experience something for the first time. Something simple as holding your first crush's hand or a first kiss. The feeling is so intense it feels like heat vision cutting through your guts.

Honestly, it's hard to pinpoint a way to describe the way I feel like I'm dying and regenerating. That's exactly how I feel when my lips touch Mika's. I'm losing oxygen, yet at the same time, she's the reason I'm still breathing at all.

My neurons are overstimulated, the warmth pooling in my stomach like a boiling pot of water. It's everything I could've ever imagined and more. Sex with Mika is exceptional, but it wasn't as magical as this. Sex is sex. Mika had plenty, but kissing is foreign. We tasted and touched each other in ways that are considered intimate. But it doesn't compare to the way her breath hitches when my lips settle on hers, soft, so soft like cotton candy.

But then everything rushes to my head like a pile of bricks. I broke the promise. I proved that I was like every other man she's spoken to. Regret infects my veins like a virus, and I pull away before we go any further. The silence stretches around us like an expanding bubble with only our ragged breaths as faint noise.

"Mika." My voice comes out like a breathless whisper. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

She looks up at me, her gaze naked, exposed. Painfully vulnerable. Mika bites the edge of her lip, her eyes dropping to our feet, glue to the bathroom floors. A hot, molten heat rises from the back of my neck, all the way to my ears, when Mika trudges forward, smashing her lips on mine.

I feel like I'm floating on the clouds outside my own body. Mika taking initiative, kissing me, shoots an arrow straight into my heart, fully capturing me as if I wasn't already gone. This kiss is so much more intense, knowing she wants it as badly as I do. My heart is beating so fast I swear I'm seconds away from going into cardiac arrest. Warmth immediately pools in the bottom of my gut.

Her hands rest on my neck, tilting her head to the side to get better access. When she parts her lips, I greedily slide my tongue between her lips until mine touches her. My pulse bounces around the room like a rubber ball. A groan comes from deep in my chest, my hands tightening on her hips as our tongues collide in a beautiful, fucking dirty mess. My mouth tingles. Does that sound fucking stupid?

Mika pulls back, trying to catch her breath. "You caught me, Asiel Morterero." My chest flutters at her words. Before we can regain our breathing, Mika leans in and kisses me, our mouths parting and sucking on each other. One of my hands cups the back of her head, and the other grabs her waist, signaling her to jump.

My skin burns when her legs lock around my waist, and she grips my shoulders tightly as I slam her onto the bathroom counter, causing everything to tumble down. I groan as the kiss turns harsh, scrape and clash of our teeth. Her fingers run down my tie, tugging it off my neck while never breaking the kiss. My blood drums in my ears, rushing through my veins as I get lost in her sweet taste.