Only The Beginning
まだ始まったばかり

Sei dragged her heels on the cold marble floor to her apartment what felt like a long journey to a void destination. She used to despise this feeling. "I am home," the brunette muttered under her breath even though she knew nobody was really hearing it.

Sei did not bother to turn the switches on to lighten up the dark hallway. She made her way straight to her bedroom. Guess no dinner tonight. She internally thanked Haruna for making her eat the sandwich as an expression of her gratitude.

Sei gave the doorknob a twist and turned the lights on of her bedroom. She plopped down on the bed at first before abruptly sitting up again. The homeroom teacher had given her some copies of the registry book to note the names of her new classmates and show it to him as according to him it was a great way for her to know them better.

She undraped the window by her studying table and watched it drizzling in Osaka streets. The rain had gotten lighter than before. The scent of the air after rain—it was different in Miyagi. If only things hadn't gotten so worse—

Sei shrugged her thoughts off. She did not want to go on that road again. Unpacking her school bag, she grabbed the copies and was about to keep it on the desk but those fell off of her hands on the floor.

She stared at her skinny, pale arms for a few seconds before breaking from her trance and picking it up. Her head was aching. She did not want to stay up till late at night. Popping a tylenol down her throat and gulping down some water with it, Sei opened her notebook.

One of the names caught her eyes while writing them. She mumbled, whilst reading Nakamoto Yuta - 1995/10/26. Then automatically a smile appeared on her face when she remembered how Yuta said her name earlier. "Hayashi Sei, I know." For some reason, Sei liked how her name sounded in his mellow voice.

Haruna threw her shoes off and changed into her slippers before turning to her brother. Yuta raised one eyebrow—being in the lack of knowledge as to what she might want again.

"Give me your phone." Haruna stretched her hand and put her palm forward for his phone to get placed there. "Why?" Yuta bent down to pick their sneakers up to keep it organised on the shoe rack before putting on his slippers.

"I need it to get that person's number who helped me." Yuta looked at his sister. "Hayashi?" Haruna nodded as it was pretty obvious but the thing was it did not click him yet that he had her contact information.

"I want to thank her for tonight. She was pretty cute, no?" A tint of red hue painted Yuta's cheeks—getting flustered at the sudden question. Haruna however did not wait for her brother's response. "Don't worry. I will text her from my phone. I am just going to note her number from yours. Then I will charge the battery of my phone and contact her."

Yuta breathed out a sigh—internally thanking her for changing the subject on her own. "Give it back after you are done." The youngest did not even look at him while blurting out a simple, "Sure."

He rolled his eyes at how fast her attitude changed after getting her work done. It was not a new thing for him though. That was when he realised that he needed to nag at her to get her attention again. "What were you doing out so late?" Yuta took a seat on the couch. "Does mom know that you weren't home?"

It reminded him that Sei was also in her uniform till late at night. Did she not go home at all? "I am done, Yuta-Nii." Haruna bowed to her older brother, giving him back his phone. "Thank you again for everything."

Yuta chuckled at her another quick transformation but he let her off that time. After she was gone, he unlocked his screen just to break into laughter.

Haruna had saved Sei's contact number in Yuta's phone as カワイイお姉ちゃん (Kawaii Onee-chan) (Cute big sister). He did not bother to change it. It's not like it's a lie.