三十六

Unexpected Turns Of Events
予期しない状況

The couple walked together—not wanting for this walk to end soon. However they reached at Sei's apartment. The feeling of not wanting to part ways yet remained.

Suddenly, Sei perked up. A thought struck her as she turned to Yuta to share it with him, "Wanna come in?"

Yuta's eyes slightly widened, not quite approving of it. He scratched the back of his nape, glancing around. "I don't think that will be a good idea," he said, shaking his head.

"I mean—" Sei faltered—being shy of her own proposal now that she had gotten sort of rejected. "Mom hasn't come home yet."

Yuta pursed his lips. He wanted to spend some more time with her as well. "Come in and get something to eat," Sei muttered before walking ahead of him for the first time with Yuta hesitantly following behind her.

"Sorry to intrude," Yuta maintained his manners even though no one was at home. Sei silently laughed finding his similarity with herself as she always entered the house whispering to herself that she was home.

Sei turned the lights on and asked Yuta to sit in the living room. She went to the kitchen to arrange some snacks. The male's phone vibrated in his pocket. He picked up his elder sister's call.

"Nee-san." Yuta was careful to not express her happiness while talking to the eldest. Momoka on the other hand, very excitedly greeted her younger brother.

"Yutan! Where are you?" The nickname made him a little flustered since he had heard it in a long time. "I am kind of—" he paused to think if he should actually say where he was.

A loud squeaky voice almost bursted his eardrums, causing him to wince and move his phone away from his ear. "Yuta-nii! Momo-nee is home! Where are you? We are having a party!"

"Haru! I am not deaf."

Momoka always liked to be unpredictable and never told them when she would come. She said that she loved the look on Yuta's face when she surprised her family like that.

Yuta let out a sigh of relief that he did not tell her where he was as he still had not told Haruna that they were dating. "Do you like onion chips?" Sei asked, standing in front of him, holding a packet.

"That's Sei onee-chan's voice!" Haruna yelled again. Even Sei could hear her. "Tell me, where are you? Are you at her house?" Sei averted her eyes at the mention of Yuta being in her apartment.

"Uh—" Yuta was thinking about how he could solve the mess. But his luck was not in his side at all as the phone got snatched by the eldest again.

"Yutan! Are you at a girl's house? Is she cute? Do you have protection with you?" Momoka was yelling chaotically as well, causing Sei's cheeks to get reddened. What have I gotten myself into?

Yuta hung up and put his phone on airplane mode. "Ignore them. They are crazy," he muttered with an awkward laugh. Sei handed him the chips and sat beside him, hastily turning on the TV.

Yuta silently watched Sei changing the channels frivolously. Nothing occuring on the big screen could divert her attention from the fact that she was with her boyfriend at her home together alone and his sister's assumptions did not help at all.

"Oi," Yuta called Sei, poking on her upper arm. She nodded for him to proceed. "Can I hold your hand?" The female stopped changing the channels as she dropped the remote before nodding again.

Yuta smiled, intertwining their fingers. He liked how her touch felt against his. Sei's eyes were still glued on the TV screen. Her cheeks heated up within moments by this small interaction.

His large, warm hand was making her nervous than she already was. Yuta took the remote and turned the TV off. "Why aren't you looking at me?"