三十八

Last Breath
最後の息

Yuta called Sei for the seventh time already during Mr. Takeda's class. She was constantly avoiding him but it was fruitless. So she finally looked back at him mouthing 'what?' hastily.

"Hayashi, Nakamoto—Detention after class." The female's face fell at the thought of spending two hours by writing the same essay about Yosen High School at least thrice.

Yuta did not write one word and he was not even letting Sei to write by bothering her with a silly arguement. "So you mean to say that you don't get flustered at all?" Sei muttered with a scoff.

"At least, not like you do. That bald sent us to detention only because of your flustered expression." Yuta let out a snicker, annoying her even more. "What if I say that I can make you flustered?" His smile disappeared as suspicion took place in his eyes.

"Why are you making it sound creepy?"

"Just to create a balance in your confidence level." A sigh left her lips. "Challenge accepted. What do I have to do—sing a song in front of everyone or something?" He boldly asked.

Sei squinted her eyes before shaking her head as a no. "Close your eyes." Yuta genuinely regretted a bit for teasing her so much. He did as he was asked to.

Sei slightly smiled before reaching up to place a kiss on his lips. Yuta opened his eyes to look at her with disbelief. He had never expected for her to kiss him just to prove a point.

"So, did I make you flustered?"

"Hayashi Sei, you are not going anywhere today," Yuta muttered before leaning in to kiss her.

The valentine's day came in no time. Sei arrived at the classroom to see Yuta in his seat with a huge pile of chocolates in front of him on his desk.

They could just keep it in his shoe locker.

She made her way towards him but another girl was faster. "Yuta, do your best in the spring tournament. I will be there to cheer you." The male flashed a pretentious smile before taking the chocolates out of her hand.

After she was gone, Sei sat on the seat in front of his. "Do you like chocolates?" Yuta asked curtly, being kind of tired of talking to so many different girls—from his class, other classes, seniors.

"Are you trying to dump them on me?" Sei asked, earning an elated nod from him before he casually took her hand to play with her fingers. "I am going to eat just yours."

Sei touched his soft ruffled hair, arranging them. "How are you so sure that I brought chocolates for you?" Yuta leaned on her touch, nuzzling his face in it. "Did you not?" He finally looked at her properly.

"Why do you care? You have so many chocolates already," Sei spoke—a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"You eat these!" Yuta's annoyance was expressed in his tone. Sei pressed her lips together in a thin line before returning to her seat, avoiding Yuta for the rest of the day.

Yuta silently followed Sei to her house as it was his responsibility to drop her off everyday. He turned on his heels to leave once they had reached but got halted by Sei tugging onto his sleeve.

"I made chocolates for you," she whispered against his back, bringing a smile on his face. Yuta turned around to face her. "I have something for you too."

"Really?" Her face lit up.

"Yeah, but first my chocolates," Yuta demanded to which Sei gave in at last. Taking out a box of homemade chocolates, she handed it to him.

"Now mine!" Sei stomped her feet, whining. Yuta chuckled at how adorable she was before taking out a small box from the pocket of his pants.

Opening the box, he showed Sei the gift he had bought for her. It was a light blue  coloured glass raindrop pendant with tints of emerald. "It's so pretty!" The female exclaimed, making him relieved.

Yuta made her wear the pendant. "It's a promise gift," he spoke, "A promise that I will spend my life with you—that I will take care of you once I grow up and a confession—" he stared deep into her eyes, drowning in it, "I am in love with you."

He took away her breath—making her heart almost skip a beat.

"I want to promise you something too." Yuta nodded for her to continue. "Promise that I won't lie to you or hide my feelings from you and I will stay by your side as long as you want me to."

Yuta pressed his lips on hers. He reached up to touch her hair as her arms were wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. They kissed each other deeply, longing for this touch. His chapped lips felt perfect against her plump ones.

The male pulled away before placing another kiss on her lips. He cupped her face—their foreheads connected and eyes closed.

"That will be until my last breath."