Embarrassing
恥ずかしい

"Weren't we supposed to explore?" Sei questioned, seeing that Yuta was already sitting down on the concrete floor with his knees close to his body.

"I said that just to rescue you though," he muttered in an innocent manner—a little proud of his witty good deed. Sei pointed backwards with her thumb. "What about helping me with the directions? I don't even know where the laboratories are."

Yuta waved one hand, shrugging. "You will figure it out. Besides—" he took a small pause before saying, "I am not fleeing to anywhere." He added a dry chuckle in the end.

Unsure of what to do next, Sei also seated herself next to him. Both of them were quiet—glancing sideways—appreciating the comfortable silence. "Nakamoto-kun," Sei called him out.

It was probably the first time she had seen him properly. Yuta's long, sharp nose that ended over a pair of curvey lips, having a definite cupid bow. His brown eyes were deep, filled with dreamy reflections—as serene as the morning dew and as wide as lotus petals, shadowed by his dense, long eyelashes.

He had multiple piercings on both of his ears that had metallic silver earrings hanging on them, making him look manlier than just any high school student in his first year. A mole—under his right eye—sat on his evenly toned porcelain skin—getting complimented by his charcoal-black slick hair.

Yuta looked at her—nodding once for Sei to proceed. "How did you know that I did not want to join their band?" This question was dangling in her mind for quite some time but she was a bit hesitant before.

The male let out a snicker before answering, "It was written all over your face." Sei furrowed her eyebrows—not quite believing it. I love to play guitar though. "Also—" Yuta continued, rubbing the back of his nape—slightly embarrassed, "I had kinda overheard your conversation with Shirabu and Honda in the class earlier."

Yuta raised his hands in his defence. "It wasn't on purpose though," he half-lied, biting down his bottom lip. It was true that their conversation entered into his ears involuntarily but his interest in Sei helped in it exceptionally.

Sei nodded her head this time, finding it plausible enough. They fell subdued again. This time Yuta cut the first turf, feeling the necessity to break the ice for the second time. "You play well though."

The brunette was vaguely out of it so she took a brief second to recall how Yuta had come to pick the plectrum up for her. That means, he heard it. "So, what do you think—should I join them?"

Yuta poked the inside of his cheek, using his tongue. "Only if you are comfortable enough," he muttered after putting thought into it. "I mean at first I thought they were a little pushy but—" Yuta stifled his laugh at her straightforward honesty. "Then I felt they are not so bad."

The black haired male gently smiled, looking ahead. "You should join them then," he spoke, gazing into her eyes afterwards. "If you want to quit later and they don't let you, just tell me—I will handle them."

It was not bluffing at all. Yuta knew how Ryo was and how he only listened to Yuta and their senior Tadashi. They did not get along but they admitted each other.

Sei bursted into a laughter, hearing that. Yuta was dumbfounded—not realising that he had actually said something embarrassing. An exasperated sigh left his lips—being irritated for not be able to pinpoint on what exactly his helpful words contained to make her laugh so mockingly like that.

"I am sorry, it's just—" Sei was about to say something but ended up laughing again. It had been a long time since she had laughed so much but Yuta did not know that. He squinted his eyes, making them halfway closed. But for some reason, deep—really deep inside, he felt elated, seeing her laugh.

Sei wanted to ask which club Yuta was member of but she could not since he  had stood up, brushing up his pants. "Let's go." He glanced at his watch. "Where?" She was still having a hard time to not laugh.

"I should at least show you where the labs are. Otherwise that bald—Takeda sensei will annoy me again." He forced himself to call their homeroom teacher respectfully—not wanting Sei to get any bad impression about him.

But unfortunately she had already heard it and started the train of another heartwarming laughter. Yuta could only helplessly wait until she became tired and finish laughing already.