Chapter 6: Planning

While smiling to hide her distress
She remembers once crying into his chest
Dawning another façade
She never forgot to pray to her new God

Flashback:

A small boy was sitting on the ground, leaning on the white wall behind him. He was reading a book, it had the title 'Human Psychology 101'. The child was deeply engrossed in the book. Around the room, other children were working on similar activities. Some were reading books, others were writing something on paper, and very few were doing nothing.

There was a blonde girl of similar age to the other children in the room with a tray of food and drinks in her hands. The girl was offering out food and drinks to each individual. She wore a simple black and white maid outfit, her soft expression was strained.

"Would you like energy replenishments, Kiyotaka-sama?" the girl smiled when addressing Kiyotaka.

Kiyotaka nodded his head and grabbed a sandwich and water.

"Thank you, Ai."

Coincidentally, those were the last bit of food and drinks Ai had ended up handing out.

Putting her empty tray down, Ai sat next to Kiyotaka.

"Oh? I see you are reading the book I gave you." Ai leaned against the quiet boy, peering into his book.

"Yeah, after you gave it to me the white coats told me I needed to read it." the boy stated simply "though, that isn't the reason why I chose to read it."

"You're too kind Kiyotaka-sama." Ai whispered, slowly shutting her eyes.

Unbeknownst to her, Hayasaka had fallen asleep on Kiyotaka's shoulder, her troubled heart finding temporary peace in his presence. Kiyotaka smiled faintly, appreciating their bond.

"You never change, Ai." the boy whispered to himself. A small smile could be seen faintly on his face.

Present day; Hayasaka POV:

Yesterday was quite the spectacle, the full scope of what this high school entailed was put on the table. There were plenty of hints to it, we just needed to figure it out, though it seems that is why we were in class D. Just thinking about the class rankings had me wondering why people were placed in certain classes rather than others.

Starting, class A was said to have the best and brightest. It was not explicitly stated but rather implied just by being called A, with other classes descending from there. Lo and behold, they were the ones who held the most class points when the system was revealed. Incidentally, the pattern of class order A to D kept the most to least, as if separating us based on something. My theory is that it is a mixture of personality, background, and intellect. There were certainly more factors that play into the class separation.

Class A the elite prefects, Class B the power of friendship class, Class C the dictatorship, and Class D the failures. Just the way the Class A students I talked to spoke down to me was always condescending, obviously, I never let my annoyance show because it would ruin my master's plan. But, it never gets easy talking to them, especially that cripple. Class B were all friendly to me, it felt more like a fever dream than reality as if their entire class is under Ichinose's spell. Speaking of Ichinose, she was very welcoming whenever I visit her class, though I can't say the same for some odd boy who kept glaring at me. I still haven't gotten his name yet. Class C is best described as controlled chaos, with Ryuen barking orders and my least favorite among any class leaders. Ryuen was as slippery as a snake and as cruel as he acts, I almost got chased out the first time I entered Class C, fortunately I made quick friends with a few of the students in that class. One in particular that stood out was a girl named Hiyori, she seemed to distance herself from the conflict within her own class.