Chapter five: lunchbox friends

━━━━

━━━━

The sun's light shined through the cracks of the window, through the silk curtains drawn shut from the previous night. Then, just as I pried my eyes open, the piercing sound of my phone ringing filled my ears and caused me to reach for it.

I looked at the clock, sitting up in my queen-sized bed, removing the ivory comforter from my legs. Then, shivering as my feet touched the cold hardwood flooring, I walked toward my bathroom. Making it to my all-white bathroom, after showering, I began to get ready for the day, more importantly, my first day at my new job.

After getting dressed and getting some breakfast, I quickly exit my apartment. I quickly glance over at Taehyung's apartment. Maybe he had already made it to the office. I walked out of the building; I sighed in relief, noticing his car wasn't there, meaning he had already left.

I looked up at the building and then walked inside. I waved at the lady behind the reception desk.

"Well, Good Morning, Ms. Alonso-Lopez," She said with a smile.

"Oh please, Ms. Lopez is fine...Sohee?" I responded, looking at her nametag.

"Okay, Ms. Lopez, your office is on the twelfth floor, the last door on the right," Sohee explained.

"Thank you so much, Sohee; enjoy the rest of your morning," I said, walking towards the elevator. I looked around, not seeing Taehyung anywhere; his words rang through my head again.

I stood there waiting for the elevator when a shadow overrated me. I turned around, and my face turned pale as a ghost.

I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Taehyung- I mean Mr. Kim, Sir, you startled me."

"Good Morning Ms. Alonso-Lopez." He said with a smile.

"Good Morning Mr. Kim, Sir," I said, stepping into the elevator with Taehyung following me.

"What floor?"

"Twelfth, Sir"

He hit the Twelfth and Sixteenth floors.

It was dead silent on the elevator ride; I glanced over at Taehyung for a moment. He had a very handsome side profile; he looked like a Prince from a Fairytale book. He turned to me, but I quickly looked at the floor; I heard him chuckle.

"You look very nice today," He said.

"Huh?" He turned to me.