Chapter eight: nightmare

━━━━

━━━━

Darkness.

I opened my eyes and looked around my surroundings, noticing it was utterly dark; a chill ran down my spine as I walked down the endless empty void.

Only the sounds of my heels clicking against the ground as I walked down the dark hallway.

Suddenly I stopped feeling the blood rushing from my body at the scene before me.

On the ground were piles and piles of corpses of women. All of them had their eyes gouged out. There were massive holes in the middle of their chests; their bodies were weak and thin, as if the blood were drained from their bodies.

I felt the color drain from my body at the horror before me. Standing over the lifeless bodies was a prominent shadowy figure with glowing red eyes.

The shadow grew closer to me. Horns protrude from its head; its face is that of a goat, its limbs and torso of a human, and it stands on two hind legs of goats.

I felt my blood run cold at the sight of the goat man.
The goat beast hooved feet laid a woman's naked body without her head. A menacing laugher surrounds me. There's a heavy feeling in my chest that makes it hard to breathe.

My hands tremble at my side. I made eye contact with the bearded goat beast- He lifted a decapitated head by its hair. My eyes widened. The head was mine... It was mine. Tears trickled down my face. My chest fell and rose at a fast pace. I prayed under my breath-each word came out quick and shaky-my voice degenerated into a childish whimper.

Your God can't save you. A sinister voice said in my head.

My mouth gaped open-uncertain whether I wanted to breathe or scream. Look at your family and friends, Darling. The sinister voice in my head said. Like a change in scenes, a lifeless body lay at the goat beast's hooves. It didn't take me long to recognize the faces. Mom, Dad, my sister, my brother, Cecilia, Nahomie, and Marlee with their eyes gone, nothing but black holes-dried blood from their eye sockets stained their cheeks like tears. Fear etched its way into every crease. The goat beast threw my decapitated head at my feet. I jumped back with a ragged cry.

"Oh, sweetheart, how divine your soul must taste." That voice. That damn voice.

I hesitantly looked back at the goat beast. His head morphed into a human-the beast stomped its hooves, letting out a chilling cry-I fell to my knees. I was shaking my head.

No, No, No. It can't be him.

Taehyung smirked as he gripped my neck. His eyes were dark, soulless, and red. The goat horns still protruded from his dark shaggy hair; as I slid away from him, I closed my eyes, hoping this would all end.

Before I could speak, I felt blood running down my body. I looked down and saw there was a large hole where my heart was.

I looked at Taehyung in horror as he held my beating heart in his bloody hand. I gasped for air

I screamed, looking around the room, examining my body, and sighed in relief, noticing there was no hole in my chest.
"It was just a dream or a nightmare in this case, but it felt so real...Why was Taehyung in my nightmare, and what did the goat-man mean by my divine soul?" I asked.

So many thoughts were running through my head. I looked at my phone, noticing the time; it was two-thirty in the morning. I climbed out of bed and walked into my kitchen; I fixed myself a glass of water, drank it then headed back to bed.

_____

I was walking into the office, heading towards the elevator.
As I was walking, I bumped into someone.

"Well, well, it seems faith keeps us running into each other," A familiar voice said.

"Oh, Jimin, I am so sorry I didn't see you there. What brings you here?"

"Well, I wanna check to make sure a beauty like yourself is alright," Jimin teased as he gripped my chin, examining my face.

I felt my cheeks flush at his words. He smirks at me, leaning in my ear, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "I can see why Taehyung is so interested in you. Your soul is so divine, sweet, and yet so innocent. Easy to corrupt."
I shivered at his words. I bit my lip as I looked up into his soft chocolate brown eyes.

"God, that face, just seeing this look of innocence makes me do sinful things to this beautiful body of yours." He said in my ear sweetly.

I gasped as I felt his hand on my waist.
"If Taehyung doesn't take your soul, then I will, and trust me, I will make you my little bitch" He said in my ear, nibbling it.

I shivered at his words. "I have to go," I said, pulling away from him.
He kissed my forehead, then looked at me.
"See you around, Esmeralda Lopez." He said sickly, sweetly. I turned and headed towards the elevators; once the doors opened, I stepped inside.

Suddenly as the doors began to close, a hand shot through the doors prying the doors open. It was Taehyung.
I watched him as he walked inside the elevator pressing his floor.

"Someone looks exhausted this morning. Is everything alright, Em?" He asked as the doors closed. I noticed how exceptionally close he was to me. I rolled my eyes, ignoring his presence, not bothering to move.

The elevator ride was silent, only the sound of the elevator dinging and Taehyung humming happily to himself. I couldn't shake the feeling of the dream I had. Somehow it felt so honest and made me feel slightly uneasy and anxious.

What did it mean?

As I was about to step off, Taehyung chimed in.

"It wasn't a dream, Em," Taehyung said as I got off the elevator.

A smile followed soon after.

Just as the elevator doors slowly open, Taehyung's head distorts into the goat beast.

I gasped, holding my heart as I felt my heart beating like crazy; I wasn't sure whether or not what I had just witnessed was real.