Chapter seven: late night talking

━━━━

━━━━

I had bags under my eyes as I sat up, hearing my alarm going off. I rubbed my eyes as I climbed out of bed. I walked to my bathroom and completed my routine after getting dressed and putting a piece of toast in my mouth.

I walked back to my room, grabbed the paperwork, and walked out of my apartment and downstairs to my car.

After a few minutes, I managed to make it to the building. I walked inside, to my surprise, I see Taehyung in the lobby talking with Sohee behind the desk.

"You're late"

"And?" I scoffed.

"My my my, it appears someone didn't get a wink of sleep last night." Taehyung had followed me onto the elevator as he spoke.

"Well, I am sorry, you do have me working on a very tough project by Friday for your dumb meeting" I snapped.

"Now now darling, this project could help bring in the company more money, and if you do exceptionally well on the task I gave you. Then you, my dear, will receive a very hefty paycheck for your hard work." He chirped as he stood beside me on the elevator.

I just rolled my eyes. I was a tad bit too tired to speak to him.

"But seriously, you should sleep tonight; sleep deprivation is not healthy, especially for a gorgeous gal like yourself," He said, leaning in my ear.

"With all due respect, Sir, you did assign me a project that I have only a week to complete, so I wouldn't be able to rest until I complete the assigned paperwork," I explained.

Taehyung chuckled as the familiar aura of dominance and authority washed over me.

"I would be careful with how you speak to me, darling; it would be most unwise for you to raise your voice at me."

I felt my blood boiling at the constant manipulation and authoritative nature. When the elevator dinged, I quickly stepped off and headed to my office to finish the paperwork for the project for Friday.

I sat at my desk for the next few hours, working on the paperwork.

A few more hours passed and I was left in the office again. It was just me and my thoughts in the office, a cup of coffee sat beside my computer. It was my fifth cup of coffee within the last four hours.

"Em, you ready-"

"Not today, just too much work to do right now; maybe next time."