Chapter 3: An interview

// Looks innocent enough, doesn't it?But sometimes there are dangers involvedthat never meet the eyeNo matter where you meet a strangerBe careful if they are too friendly //

But sometimes there are dangers involved
that never meet the eye
No matter where you meet a stranger
Be careful if they are too friendly //

He was walking towards you.

In that moment you completely froze in your place.That man made you feel like a small animal who was desperate to escape from its predator.His eyes would trigger your fight or flight response but just only if you were caught gazing too much into them. That's what your imagination told you,in reality he was just a very tall man dressed like one of those "important" people.

It was your anxiety that made you feel fear,as a matter of fact ,he had a handsome shaved face,a tall sharp nose,quite thick lips,a prominent tensed jaw.All of this stating that the man was in his 30s.

"Oh William!"Said Henry once the tall man arrived at your table.

He didn't even bate an eye upon you,though he had enough time to study you,so the interest faded away once he got next to you.

His cologne neutralized every single atom from your nose ,conquering deep in your lungs almost putting its imprint on them.

Was it driving you crazy more than normal?Certainly.It was a stronger one,not a cheap one like those you often get to inhale while walking past others,this one really stimulated your senses.

You assumed the two of them were coworkers since they had very similar clothes and were showing a quite close bond.

"Henry"He paussed for a second"Come in my office, I've got something important to show you"The thick accent was present.Maybe british you thought to yourself.His face was serious,cold.

"Ofcourse,but first,I would like you to meet y/n and her friend,Amber"
Said Henry introducing both of you to William.

"Girls,he is William, we both co-own this big place but before of it all, we have been best buddies since high-school"

Standing in front of Amber,with a gentle gesture he took her hand, placing a kiss on it,same did with yours,the soft kiss turned your face bright red.Trying to hide in your palms the heat, a small laugh came from his direction.

If minutes ago you found him frightening now you were overwhelmed by his presence.He changed his harsh cold look and became more charismatic, outgoing,charming.

"Lovely to meet you ladies."

Amber smiled as he responded and so did you.

"Our pleasure"Said her, maintaining eye contact.

As Henry tried to say something he was interrupted by Evelyn, who was carrying a plate with your food.

"Here.Can I get you anything else?"Said her wearing the same smile that she left with.