Chapter 7: Sharp teeth part 1

// Just a moment, dearI hear someone at the doorAnd the beating of a heartThat I hid beneath the floorOh they've come for me, love //

I hear someone at the door
And the beating of a heart
That I hid beneath the floor
Oh they've come for me, love //

"So" She stared into your eyes trying to find an answer before you could get a change to offer her one.

"Why did you come home late last night?"

You thought about this question.You thought about a good and believable response but the important part was how would you deliver it.The last night's events still had an impact on you undoubtedly, which you were trying to hide from your dear friend,and you tried your best.The incapability of not telling someone about the commotion that lives between your soul and mind was devastating you, slowly.You did write it in your journal,which was lying under your bed ,with its pages stained by some tears.The small drops of water dried up while you were vomiting your thoughts on the white paper.It did not help.You needed contact with a human.

You stared back at her for a few seconds.

"They animatronics malfunctioned and Henry needed my help.I'm sorry I didn't notify you"It was the truth but just half of it,still enough to push you into a hole of guiltiness.

"I see.I still made the tacos if you want some you can find them in the fridge,couldn't let the meat spoil"You smiled at her answering with a thank you.

She left the kitchen counter heading to her workplace. You were alone again accompanied by your own thoughts and a mug of coffee.You haven't slept, you could barely keep your eyes open and your stomach was crying out loud for some food but you refused to listen to its needs.Suddenly the sound of a notification made your phone buzz and light up.It was a message from Noah.You quickly grabbed the small piece of metal in your hands, carefully but in intense desperation.Unlocking the phone the text was revealed to you.

"I am so sorry Y/N but I had a family emergency and I've left my phone at home.I barely had time for myself.Things are a bit complicated right now but I'll explain it to you when I'll have some time.Can't wait to see you again."

Your eyes watered once again knowing that your friend is safe and nothing bad had happened to him.The thought of you confessing your feelings to him was frightening since the last time you were completely in love was in highschool.Now the notions of tenderness and fondness were strange to you.Your last boyfriend brought you commitment issues,leaving you questioning your affection towards others.After you responded to his message you placed the lunchbox with taco in your backpack and left for work.You hopped everything was okay and if that William kept his promise.You could see that for the man death was nothing unusual,like he is already accustomed with it.The way he was fixing nonchalantly the corpse with his pale eyes made you feel uneasy at the time.

Arriving at the diner ,tensed you up a bit so you decided to keep a low profile.Nobody would ever suspect you because nobody knew about what happened, nonetheless had a clue that some random guy came in last night to steal but got killed instead.Despite this you still wanted to run away and never come back.You could not help but think about what happens if someone finds out.Your innocence is long gone.