Mission 6: first family outing

"Eden college is one of the most prestigious schools in the country," your brother explains. "During the interview, not only will the child be evaluated, so will the parents. They will be evaluated on their social standing and how cultured they are. Understood?" You, Anya, and Yor give a firm nod. Loid looks at his notebook then to Anya. "Now, let's start the questions. First, please state your name and address."

"Anya Fo...Fo...horder." The child seems unsure by even her own name making you internally sigh. She seemed even more confused by the second question. And it was only the basics. "Address?"

"The place were at now."

Anya's eyes widen like she knew the answer. "Anya's house!" You sigh. Not quite.

"That's not what I meant," your brother said, flipping the page. "Eh..miss Anya, how do you spend your days off?"

Anya innocently responds in the way Anya would. "Papa orders me to stay home with Auntie, so I watch tv all day with her."

"Now wait a second. That makes me sound awful."

"You can't blame her for telling the truth," you mumble.

Loid sighs. "Alright. Young Lady, how do you plan to catch up to Eden's curriculum since you're starting so late in the school program?"

"Um..." you pause. Of course he'd ask something that you probably didn't even consider. How would you catch up? You could sneak into the teacher's lounge and take the tests to study the correct answers. Or perhaps you should ask the agency to pull a history of Eden's past alumni and you could find them and make them reveal their old lesson plans. Maybe you could impersonate a teacher and have the other staff feed you the information you need.

You take too long to answer. Loid's eye twitches in annoyance. "Next question," he says. "With your niece being a student as well, how do you plan to be a role model and uphold your family's reputation?"

"Remain poised but take no shit," you say with no hesitation.

"No," Loid says. He turns to Yor. "Madam."

"Yes?" Yor is stiff and nervous.

"Why did you choose Eden college and how do you plan to pass the exam?"

"How do people usually pass?" Yor begins to ramble, but she goes completely off topic making you wonder what was going on through her brain. " Um...pass...passing...
perhaps because of cardiac arrest or excessive bleeding? Or compound fractures throughout the body? Oh! Maybe the skull was caved in."

"Kill me now," Loid says. "Next question. Could you describe your parenting methods?"

"Huh? Um...strike first to be victorious?"

You can't help but laugh. At the sight of your brother's defeated look you mask it with a cough, turning away to try to muffle your giggles.

"Well this will never work," Loid says, tossing the clipboard to the side and walking off. "Let's just give up now."

"Loid! What about your wife's dying wish?" Yor exclaims.

You frown, resting your palm against your cheek. One didn't need to be a trained spy to see how much of a shit show your pretend family was. Going to this interview as it stands now would prove to only end in a disaster that jeopardizes Loid's mission. But what could you all really do in a week?

Loid grabs his hat and puts on his coat. "Come on. Let's go out for a bit." You all leave home and begin exploring the town. "We need to broaden our horizons and learn how an ordinary upper-class family acts. We can also get to know each other as well."