Mission 12: girls night out

"Loid, may I ask you something?" You approach your brother while he was trying to help Anya with her fractions homework. You would never understand why Eden would make six year olds learn something so complicated but it wasn't a prestigious school for nothing.

He looks frustrated while working with Anya, and she eventually runs off and locks herself in her bedroom. After tiredly rubbing his eyes, he then looks at you. "You don't need help with your work too, do you?"

"No. I finished it while at school, but that's not my question. Jasmine, one of my classmates, asked if we could get dinner together tomorrow night."

Loid slowly nods all while looking a bit confused. "Okay?"

"I was told to ask my parents for permission. Seeing as that you're my legal guardian, I've come to ask you."

Confusion strikes your brother even harder. "So...you're asking me permission to go out with your friends?"

You pause, pondering for a moment. "I suppose that's what I am doing. So yes, may I go out tomorrow night?"

Loid bites back a laugh, but a few chuckles manage to escape. "You never ask when you leave for an assignment though."

"But this is not a task directly given to me by headquarters. It is only respectful that I inform you of my plans and my whereabouts. If it is an issue, then I will decline her offer."

"No," Loid suddenly says. He offers a smile. "You should go. It'll be good for you to be around others your age."

You nod. "If you deem it as beneficial, then I shall attend." You give a slight bow to excuse yourself to your room and call Jasmine, who was more than thrilled (considering she yelled in your ear through the phone) that you could come to dinner.

It leaves a slight ache in Loid's chest seeing you act lost and clueless about social norms. You were a teenager but never got the chance to act like one. All he ever wanted was for you to live in a world where you could be happy, go to school, make friends, and get a good job. He was honestly happy that even if you didn't realize it, you were starting to open up to more people. He'd always have your back, but he didn't want you to walk through this dark world alone.

.。.:*☆___★___☆*:.。.

"What is this game called again?" You pick up the red ball that was heavier than you anticipated which almost makes you drop it.

"Bowling! Silly! You throw the ball and try to knock down those pins at the end of that lane," Jasmine explains. "Whoever hits the most after ten frames wins."

The next day after school, Chelsea's driver took you, Jasmine and surprisingly Hinako to a bowling alley downtown. Chelsea's parents had paid for you four to play for two hours and covered the food and drinks you guys would have. Even though they seemed pretty pretentious at the orientation, they were a lot nicer and more carefree than you thought.

"You've never played before, Y/n?" Chelsea asks.

"No...we uh could never really afford to do activities like this," you quickly lie. Games were a waste of time and distracted you from your target.

"It's my first time playing as well," Hinako adds. She looks at the ball curiously. "How are we supposed to throw an object this heavy? It wouldn't go very far."

Jasmine lets out an exasperated sigh. "You don't actually throw- ugh. Just watch."

After setting up the lane with everyone's name, Jasmine went up to bowl first. She picks up a green ball and places her pointer, middle and ring fingers in one of the three holes in the surface. "So you put your fingers in here and the go up to the lane. As you go up, you swing your arm back and-"