Mission 10: orientation disaster

The Eden College uniform hangs on the back of your bedroom door. The intricate gold detailing on the dress stands out against the fine quality black fabric. Your polished black flats rest on the floor, and your white stockings sat on your desk. Everything ready for the orientation tomorrow.

Loid, Yor and Anya went out earlier to go get Anya refitted, since she had grown a bit since the last time. You honestly didn't feel like going, since you were still exhausted from the night at the castle, and slept in. Now, you weren't quite sure what to do with yourself. You never really had free time.

"I supposed I could look a little more into my own mission," you sigh. You roll out of your bed and move the floorboard in the center of the room. Underneath, all your given files and information WISE had on the Secret Police had been hidden.

'The State Security Service. An organization in Ostania established to maintain domestic order. Their primary objective includes hunting down spies and surveilling the public. Some tactics they use include violence, wiretapping, intimidation, and torture. They are widely feared by the public and have earned the nickname the Secret Police.'

'Most of their members' identities are unknown but they are efficient in surveilling, tracking down and capturing those they deem to be enemies or traitors. Most of their victims do no make it out alive, so there is hardly any record of anyone who can attest to what they saw.'

"This isn't much help..." you grumble as you shuffle through the papers. "It's like saying go find a needle in a haystack." You sigh. You weren't quite sure how to go about finding the lieutenant. You couldn't just out yourself as a spy to draw them out. And painting a target on your back was risky and may compromise your brother's mission.

A thought suddenly came to mind.

You quickly shuffled through the papers to see if you could find what you needed. Low and behold, for once, HQ came through.

A list of names. All the people that recently went "missing," most likely targets of the Secret Police. In a second column listed their occupations. A few were basic civilian jobs like tailors, city council workers and a dentist. Most however, were journalists.

"People involved in politics tend to be their target. So there is some correlation, but that still doesn't really help with finding the lieutenant." You pause in thought.

You let out another frustrated sigh and leave your room to make yourself so tea. You weren't about to give yourself a headache looking for the boogeyman.

"Geez. What are the odds I accidentally run into this dude in the street or something?"

As you walk into the living room, you are met with Anya and Yor. To your confusion, the two appear to be working out and practicing punching? Loid, who just got home, stands in the doorway looking equally confused.

"You know what," you say. "I don't even wanna know." And you turn around and go back to your room.

.。.:*☆___★___☆*:.。.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you all are the chosen few." It is time for the orientation. Among many others, you and your family gather in the auditorium where one of the head instructors gives his long, drawn out speech about being accepted into Eden.

Your uniform fits a little snug against you, so you constantly pull the end of the dress down to try to cover your knees. You sit in between Anya and Loid, who focuses intently at the staff on the stage. You are nervous but try not to show it. After all, you've come this far. Can't get cold feet now.