Sneak Peek to Secrets of Dumbledore

As the train barrels down the tracks through the snowy valley, Theseus was sitting at one of the tables, reading the Daily Prophet. The front page was going crazy over the upcoming political campaign as it showed two pictures, one man and a woman. The back of the paper showed the wanted poster of Grindelwald. Uncle Edmund was sitting at a table across from him while Kama was staring out the window, watching the snow covered mountains and grounds fly by.

"What did they say at the Ministry? Liu or Santos?" I asked Theseus. He lowers the corner of the paper to look at me before he responds. "Officially, the Ministry takes no position. Unofficially, smart money's on Santos." he said. "Although anyone would be better than Vogel." Uncle Edmund said.

"Anyone?" Kama said, suspiciously, as he eyes the wanted poster on the paper.

Theseus folds back the paper to look at the wanted poster then looks over at Kama. "I don't believe he's on the ballot, Kama. He also happens to be a fugitive." said Theseus. "Is there a difference?" Kama sneered and Uncle Edmund snorts out a laugh. "He's got a point." Edmund said to Theseus but before he could say anything, the fireplace burst into green flames and Jacob appears.

"Spinning! Always with the spinning." he grumbles while Newt and I smile and go over to him. "Jacob." we said and Newt goes to hug him. "Welcome. You brilliant man." Newt said, happily, and Jacob pats his back then Newt pulls out of the embrace and it was my turn to hug Jacob, he hugs me back. 

"Sorry. Newt was absolutely sure that Professor Hicks would convince you." I said once I pull back from the embrace. "Yeah. You know me, pal. I can't pass up a good Portkey." Jacob said and they fireplace erupts again and Hicks appears.

"Mr. Scamander, Miss (l/n)." She greets as she walks up to us. "Professor Hicks." Newt and I greet her and we shake hands. "At long last." Newt and Hicks said at the same time then Newt turns to the others. "So, Professor Hicks and I, we've corresponded for many years...but we've never actually met." He explained, as he smiles nervously. "And her book on advanced charm casting is a must-read." I said and Hicks gives a shy smile at this.

"These two are far too kind. Fantastic Beasts is required reading for all my fifth years." she informs and Newt gives an embarrassed smile at this. "Now, let us make some introductions..." I said and I point at my uncle. "This is my Uncle Edmund, an officer of the Auror department." I said and my uncle stands up, tips his hat to her.

"How do you do, madam?" He greets. "And this is..." Newt started to say as he points at Kama but Kama finishes for him. "Yusuf Kama." He said. "Pleasure." Hicks said. "And you, obviously, already made Jacob's acquaintance." Newt said and he begins to rock back and forth, in excitement when Theseus begins to clear his throat.

"Newt." he mutters and Newt jumps, slightly, as if remembering he was there too. "Sorry, this is my brother, Theseus...and he works for the Ministry." Newt said. "Actually, head of the British Auror Office." Theseus said, proudly. "Yes, we're all very proud of you, Theseus." Uncle Edmund teased and Hicks smiles. "Well, I'll have to ensure my wand registration's up-to-date." she said. "Yes. Although, strictly speaking, that doesn't fall within my purview." Theseus said and Hicks chuckles a bit then I clap my hands together.

"All right then. Well, I imagine that you're all wondering why you find yourselves here. And in anticipation of that, Dumbledore asked that Newt and I convey a message." I explain as Newt and I go over to the other side of the train cart room, so that everyone could see us.

"So, Grindelwald has the ability to see snatches of the future." I explained and everyone had a bit of a nervous look flicker over their faces. "So, we have to assume that he'll be able to anticipate what we do before we do it. So, if we hope to defeat him and to save our world...to save your world, Jacob...then our best hope is to confuse him." Newt said and everyone looks at us, confused, then Jacob raises a hand.

"'Scuse me. I'm sorry. How do you confuse a guy that can see the future?" Jacob asked. "Countersight." Uncle Edmund said and I nod at this. "Exactly. The best plan being no plan. Or, many overlapping plans. Thus, confusion." I said and Jacob gives a forced smile, as if not knowing what to do. "It's working on me right now." He said, sarcastically.

"In fact, Dumbledore asked that I give you something, Jacob." Newt said and Jacob looks at him, shocked, and pointed at himself as if to make sure Newt was talking to him. Newt digs in his coat pocket and pulls out a wand, with a curvy shaft. Picket, who was in Newt's pocket, squeaked out a ta-da and Jacob looks at this, surprised, and sets his pan, that he had tucked under his arm, down on the bar. "It's snakewood. It's somewhat rare." Newt said as he walks over to Jacob and hands the wand to Jacob.

"Are you kiddin' me right now? Is this thing real?" Jacob asked, shocked and flabbergasted. "Yes. Well, it doesn't have a core, so sort of, but yes." Newt said as Jacob takes the wand and looks at it like it was the most precious thing in the world. "It's sorta real?" He asked as he looks over at me and Newt. "More importantly, where we're going, you'll need it." I said, nodding, and Jacob smiles.

"Now, there's something for you too, I think, Theseus." Newt said and he digs in his pocket but seemed to be struggling. "Teddy, please let go now. Teddy, please let go. No. Teddy, will you behave? This is Theseus's..." Newt argued then he jerks his hand and Teddy flies out and across the room until Jacob catches him.

Theseus looks down at the floor and noticed a red tie with a gold emblem on it and he picks it up. "Well, of course. Now everything makes sense." he said, sarcastically. "Lally, I believe you were given some reading material?" I asked her and she smiles. "You know what they say. A book can take you around the world and back...all you have to do is open it." she said, holding up her book, as Jacob sets Teddy down on his pan. "She ain't kiddin'." he said and I giggle.

"Yes, Edmund...that's for you." Newt said as he hands a folded piece of paper to Edmund. My uncle takes it and gives a confused look at us. "I was told it was for your eyes only." Newt said and Edmund opens the paper and reads whatever message Dumbledore wrote out. "Ah..." he said then the paper bursts into small purple flames. "Oh...well, brilliant." Edmund mutters but nods at us.

"And, Kama..." Newt said and Kama turns to us. "I have what I need." he said, monotone. "What about Tina? Is Tina coming?" Jacob asked us. "Tina's not available, unfortunately. She's been made head of the American Auror Office, so she is very busy." I explained and Hicks nodded. "Ah...yes, I heard about that. Tina and I know each other well." Hicks said, after Jacob gives her a look that said ​​​​​How do you know?  

"So, this is the team that's gonna take down...the most dangerous wizard we've faced in over a century. A magizoologist, his assistant steady, a schoolteacher...a wizard descended from a very old French family, an Auror, and...a Muggle baker with his fake wand." Theseus said as he points out everyone. "Hey, we got you too, pal...and his wand works." Jacob said as he pours himself a shot of a drink from the bar.

"Who wouldn't like our chances?" Theseus said, smiling, and Jacob downs the drink then let's out a laugh. Newt and I share a look and smile before I take his hand in mine. Hopefully, everything goes well and we take down Grindelwald before anything major happens.

(Sorry that it is so short but this is just a small peak at the Secrets of Dumbledore fic that I am writing.​​​​​ This is to let people know that I am writing it cause I keep getting asked if I'm going to and I've said it time and time again that I was but people still ask. So here is proof that I am! I'm just waiting for the screenplay book to release which for some reason didn't release when the movie did. It's not coming out til July, for some reason. To get the dialouge, I found a transcript that only had the lines from the movie and had to use my memory of the movie on who said what lol. Also as you guys could tell, Bunty is not here. I had no idea how to incorporate her as I thought in the Crimes of Grindelwald, she was just a temporary assistant but in this movie they said she's been Newt's assistant for 8 years. So I obviously had to change that. But here is just a peek at what's to come! Hope you enjoyed!)

🎉 You've finished reading Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Newt Scamander x Female!Reader) 🎉