Chapter 3: Familiar Faces

We walk down the street and towards Newt's house then up to the door when Newt stops and looks over at the window by the door. I look and noticed that the light was flashing on and off. "Is there someone here?" I asked him, confused. "Besides the creatures, only Bunty is here." He replied. "Bunty?" I said, alittle confused, as Newt opens the door.

We slowly walk in and see a baby Niffler swinging from the brass cord of a table lamp, causing the light to flicker on and off. I gasped and whispered. "Oh my gosh!" The baby Niffler succeeds in stealing the brass cord before spotting us. Then it scampers away, knocking all manner of objects to the floor.

I giggled and set my suitcase down as I look to my right and spot a second baby Niffler sitting on a set of weighing scales, pinned down by gold-colored weights it is clearly attempting to steal. "Oh Merlin, there's more!" I whispered just as the first baby makes it to the dining table.

Newt lightly drops a saucepan on top of it, which continues moving across the table. Then he tosses an apple into the opposite weighing scale, sending the baby Niffler flying into the air. I go and catch both baby Nifflers as they fall, then tuck them into my jacket pockets.

Satisfied, Newt and I head towards the door to his basement but Newt turns around. I stop and follow his gaze and see a third escaped baby Niffler climbing onto a bottle of champagne on the counter.

With a sense of inevitability, the champagne bottle pops and the baby Niffler zooms towards us on top of the cork, soaring past us and down the stairs to the basement. I smiled and laughed at this while Newt just shakes his head. "Bunty! Bunty!" Newt shouts as we head towards the basement.

"Who's Bunty?" I asked. Newt turns to me and said. "She's someone I hired to watch after the creatures when I'm gone." I gasped and placed my hand over my chest. "Did you replace me?" I asked in a mock hurt voice. Newt had a shocked and scared look on his face then turned to me, quickly. "N-N-No....sh-she's not replacing you. N-N-No one can r-r-replace you." He stammers and I could tell he was scared that I would get mad at him. "She's just a substitute until you came back."

I smirked at him then I kiss his cheek. "It's alright, Newt. I understand, I'm not mad." I said. He starts to relax abit then I take his hand and we head down the stairs to the basement, where he keeps some more creatures.

"Bunty! Bunty, the baby Nifflers are loose again!" Newt calls out and I heard hurried footsteps as we go down the stairs. Then I see a woman with red hair, which was put up into two buns on either side of her head, and a long dress. She had one red glove on and dangled a gold necklace to the baby Niffler that rode the cork.

The little guy jumps up to the necklace and she grabs the baby Niffler with her other hand. I go and pull the other Niffler's out of my pocket and we head over to the nest that held alot of gold and treasures.
"Well done." Newt said as Bunty sets the one baby Niffle in and I set the other two inside. "I’m so sorry, Newt, they must have picked the lock while I was cleaning out the Augureys—" Bunty started to say, quickly, but Newt waves his hand. "Not to worry."

Bunty gives him a dreamy sort of smile until she noticed me as I closed the gate on the Nifflers nest.
"Um...who's she?" Bunty asked, pointing at me as her smile faded.
"Oh, right. Bunty, this is (y/n). (Y/N), this is Bunty." Newt introduces and I smile at her. I hold my hand out to her and said. "Hello! It's nice to meet you." 

She looks at my hand then at me but doesn't move. Newt clears his throat then he starts to walk over to the enclosures while I lower my hand as she has this really intense glare on her face.

I take a step back then follow Newt as he looks over the mooncalves. "I’ve fed nearly everyone, Pinky’s had his nose drops, and—" Bunty started say until Newt asked. "—And Elsie?"