Chapter 4: Paris

*Newt's POV*

"This is great! Once we find Tina and Queenie, it'll be like New York all over again!" Jacob said as we walk along the white cliffs of Dover. (Y/N) decided to go into the case to take care of some the creatures, so it was just Jacob and I as we come up to the man with the Portkey that can take us to Paris.

"You know something? I had a feeling that Spellbound book was lying about your engagement. When Queenie showed it to me, I was like No, you gotta be kidding? Newt wouldn't do that! You and (y/n) seem too perfect for each other." Jacob said and I couldn't help but smile. "Jacob?" I said after a few seconds of silence. "Yeah?" Jacob asked. "How would one ask someone for their hand in marriage?" I asked, curiously.

Jacob stops in his tracks and looks up at me as I stop. "Wait! A-Are you.....are you thinking about asking her?" Jacob asked. "The thought has crossed my mind lately, yes. I just don't know.....when is the right time." I replied. It's true! The past few months, I have thought about asking (y/n) for her hand in marriage but....I'm not sure if it is the right time. What if she rejects me?

"Well...don't worry, pal. The time will come when you're ready." Jacob assured me. "But....what if she rejects me?" I asked, unsure. "I doubt she would. She seems to love you." Jacob said.

"But....how would I go about to ask her? If I'm ever ready." I asked him. Jacob stammers as he finds the right words to say then he stops in his tracks and turns to me as I stop as well. "Well....just....just say what's on your mind....what does she mean to you...and compliment her, she'll love that." Jacob said and I think this over for a moment. 

"She has eyes just like a salamander." I said, reminiscently. Jacob gives me an odd look and said. "Don’t say that." I frown at this then he sighs and places his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey. It’s gonna be all right. It'll all work out. The moment will come." He said, assuredly, and I nod slightly. "Now, we’re in this together, pal. You, me and (y/n). Okay, I’m gonna help you out. We're gonna find Tina and then Queenie, and we’ll all be happy again. Just like old times."

Jacob looks over at the figure that was standing on the ledge with a rusty looking bucket in front of his feet. "Who is this guy?" He asked as he stares at the man in suspicion. "He’s the only way I can leave the country without documentation." I said when I heard a knock on the suitcase. 

I laid the suitcase down and opened it, revealing (y/n) climbing out. "All creatures are fed and resting, love." She said as she climbs out of the suitcase. I smiled at her as I help her out and said. "Wonderful." Then I kiss her cheek. Her face turns red as she smiles at me then looks over to see the man.

"Ah, we're here already? Good." She said as I shut the case, locked it and picked it up. The three of us make our way to the man before I turn to Jacob. "Now, you don’t suffer from motion sickness, do you?" I asked him. "I don’t do well on boats." Jacob replied. "You’ll be fine." (Y/N) said as we make it to the man.

"Stir your stumps— it leaves in one minute!" He said and I start to dig in my pocket when the man said. "Fifty Galleons." I look up at him, confused, and said. "No, we said thirty."

"Thirty to go to France, twenty not to tell anyone I seen Newt Scamander leaving the country illegally." The man said, a nasty smile spreads across his face. "Price of fame, pal." He said and (y/n) sighs as she digs in her pockets. "Here's twenty." She said to me as she hands it to me. "You sure?" I asked her. She nods and I pull out thirty Galleons then gave it to the man.

"Ten seconds." He said as he starts to count down. I grab (y/n)'s hand and she reaches out to Jacob. "Jacob." She said and Jacob, reluctantly, gave his hand to her. I take a step forward into the bucket and the three of us was pulled down through the bucket and transported to Paris.