Chapter 6: The French Ministry of Magic

*(y/n)'s POV*

I let out a yelp as the Zouwu slapped me to the side with its large paw. I rolled a few times on the grassy ground and stayed still. Moments later, Newt was knocked to the side and tumbled close to me. After we got to the safe house, we went inside Newt's case and were trying to get the chains off of the Zouwu but it was proving to be a challenge.

Suddenly Newt was lifted up by the Zouwu's claw, dangling right in front of the creature. I watch in fear, not moving since I didn't want to make the Zouwu angry, when Newt's right hand reaches out slowly and removes the harness around the creature. "You're all right." He mutters as the Zouwu's eyes widen as she realized she was free.

She sets Newt down and started to roam around in her enclosure, free from her chains. I smiled as I start to sit up and Newt walks over and kneels before me. "You all right?" He asked me, concerned. "I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle." I replied as he helps me up to my feet. Once I get up on my feet, Newt places his hand on my cheek and looks at me.

His eyes were full of love as he looks me over, making sure I wasn't hurt. I place my hand over his hand, turn my head and kissed the palm of his hand.
"D-Do you know that y-y-your eyes...they....they really are..." Newt stammers and he turns his gaze away from me. "Newt?" I said, confused and concerned. 

"Y-Your eyes...they have this e-effect like..." Newt stammers again as he continues not to look at me. "Like what?" I asked. "I'm not supposed to say." Newt mutters and I raise an eyebrow at this. Then I place my thumb and pointer finger on his chin and turn his head to face me. "Newt, what are you trying to say?" I asked him. 

He bites his lips and opens his mouth but closes it. Then he tries to speak but stops, almost like he was having a battle within himself on whether to say something or not. 

"Your eyes have this effect in them...Like fire in water, in dark water. I've only ever seen that in--"

"Salamanders." I finished. He looks me right in the eye in shock as I give him a small smile. We walk closer, if that was even possible, to each other, his face leaning closer to me until I felt his lips on mine. Newt cups my face in his hand as our lips moved in sync with each other.

Unfortunately, this moment didn't last long as we heard Jacob's voice shout.
"Newt?! (Y/N)?! Everything alright down there? Just reminding you two that we need your help!!" Newt and I break the kiss and I let out a small chuckle. "Well...can't keep them waiting." I muttered to Newt, who nods, and the two of us walk hand in hand.

I climb up the ladder and out of the case first where I see Tina sitting on a chair next to the unconscious body of Kama, who was laying on his back on another chair. I give her a worried glance as Newt comes up out of the case next and sees Tina, who was glare at the two of us. 

"She's responded well to the Dittany. She was born to run, you see. I think she's just lacking in confidence..." Newt said, trying to make small talk, when Tina slams the books she was reading and stands up. "Mr Scamander, have you got anything in your case that might help revive this man?" She said as she gestures to Kama. "I need to question him. I think he knows who Credence really is. The scars on his hands suggest a..."
"An Unbreakable Vow." Newt finished. "Yeah, I noticed that, too."

The three of us go over to Kama and examine him. "Lumos." I said and we leaned in closer as Tina pries Kama's eye open and we see a very small tentacle wiggling out of his eye. Tina gasped then said. "What was that?"

"There must be a water dragon in that sewer. They carry these parasites, you see." I replied to her. "Jacob?" Newt calls out. "Yeah?" Jacob replied.
"In my case, in the pocket there, you'll find a pair of tweezers." Newt said to him. "Tweezers?" Jacob said in a confused and disbelief voice. "They're thin, little pointy things " I replied. "I know what tweezers are." Jacob said and I hear him walk towards the case.