Welcome To Hawkins || Jonathan Byers

You rolled down your window as you sit on the passenger seat side of the car. You stick your head out and take a quick sniff of the air as you pass by the brown and beat up local "Welcome To Hawkins" sign. You were welcomed with an unpleasant smell and the harsh cool wind blowed against your face messing up your hair, giving you a warm welcome to your new home.

You shut your eyes and scrunched up your nose. "Ugh." You say, moving your head back closing your window. "How was that new air for you?" Your mother asks, turning her head to the side giving you a quick glance. You turn your head and stare at her with sarcasm. "It was lovely." You retorted. Your mother smiles. You scoff. "It's definitely not New York." You add looking out from your window again as you study the open fields and trees.

As your mother drove into town you noticed the different stores and houses. You couldn't believe of how small and spread out everything was. "Oh yeah. This is really nice." Your mother says. You raised an eyebrow. "Mom. Really? I mean come on? New York is better than this little house on the prairie place." You reply. "Oh come now don't start with me." Your mother says. You shake your head. "I just don't understand why out of all the places, we had to relocate here." You reply. Your mother shook her head. "I told you honey, this town is in need of more medical workers and apparently they need more nurses and doctors to work, so they transferred me to work here." She replied. You sighed, you couldn't do anything but support your mother and her work. You slowly nod. "I know. I understand that mom. I just wished maybe we could've relocated in the Bahamas?" You say jokingly. Your mother smiles and places her hand on your shoulder. "We're both in this together. It's going to be alright here. It's a nice small town. We'll be just fine." She says.

Soon arriving to your new home, you and your mother begin to unload all of your things from the moving truck and your car. It was a Saturday, so you and your mom spent all day unloading and unpacking everything. Your house was a two story house with a nice brick siding. Your mom added a little bit of her personality here and there in the kitchen, and dining room, while you added a bit of your personality in your room and in the family room. But one thing is for sure, is that you both added both of your personalities in the living room. A few antiques and pictures that reminded you of home in New York were displayed, as you two decorated and organized all of Saturday going into Sunday.

Sunday evening hit when you and your mom sat in your newly decorated dining room. "Excited?" You mom asked stabbing her food with her fork. You finished chewing your food and shrugged. "I guess. More like nervous. What about you?" You say. Your mom smiles. "I'd say we both feel the same way." She replies. You smile, taking a sip of your drink. "I just know that tomorrow is a new beginning so we both have to make it great. Promise me you'll make something great out of it?" She asks. You look at her and smile. "If I promise, you have to promise me too." You replied. You both sat in silence looking at each other. "Deal." Your mother chirps breaking the silence. "Deal." You said as you both continue to finish your meal and enjoy the rest of the evening together.

Monday morning greets you with a beautiful bright sun shining against your window. You sit up, seeing that your clock read "6:30". You hear your mom walk down the hall and go into the nearest bathroom. You stand up from your bed and head on over to your closet to pick out your first day outfit. You wanted something cool and casual but still hint that you were in fashion. You come across your overalls. "Bingo." You said to yourself as you also find a nice white ribbed long sleeve that has white cream, red and pink stripes across from it. You pair the two and find your chunky black boots, "I know, I know. Basic yet gives a statement." You said to yourself looking through the mirror. You run to your dresser, and grab two button pins, one with a cute frog wearing butterfly clips, and another that has a camera with the lens having the word "NYC" on it with a blue background. You place the two pins on the side of your overalls and head out to the bathroom.