Bad Idea Right? || Billy Hargrove & Steve Harrington

A/N: In honor of Olivia Rodrigo releasing her album "GUTS" today, I wanted to write this based off of her song "Bad Idea Right?" Hope you all like it! Happy Reading!

You heavily sighed in pleasure after feeling Steve's warm full lips move against yours. He'd managed to sneak in his tongue to outline your upper lip before slipping it inside your mouth, which made your fingers grip on to the back of his neck tighter, pulling him closer towards you.

It was like you were experiencing a sugar rush the more Steve roamed his hands over your body with each kiss he left. You felt your heart rate increase by the second, your breath quickened, and you felt a burst of energy form from the pit of your stomach that then moved to disperse adrenaline in your veins.

The room was quiet. All that was heard was the low pleasured groans and sighs exchanged between you and Steve. You both sat on the couch in the living room, alone in Steve's house currently finishing up a make out session that really didn't want to be finished.

You both pulled away from each other and embraced one another, snuggling up in a cuddle position so that his arms were wrapped around you while your head rested against the crook of his neck.

"Just think, tomorrow night at this hour, it's going to be you and me and the excitement and anxiety of wanting and not wanting to get caught at the party." You sighed. Not a word came out of Steve, and you found it weird he didn't say anything back from your comment.

He took a moment of silence before saying "Oh right." Steve pressed his lips together. "About that." He said slowly, and then made a face as if he were in trouble. He kept quiet for a moment and caressed your hair. "I can't go." He confessed and quickly stopped caressing your hair. You furrowed your eyebrows. "What?" You asked surprised when you lifted your head up to look at him. You now moved to a sitting position to look at him, and shifted your legs to be criss-crossed like a pretzel. "Remember I told you? Henderson asked me to help him with his science project for school tomorrow night. I promised the little twerp I'd be his test subject." He explained. You then raised your eyebrows in amusement after hearing what Steve shared. You had forgotten Steve had told you about his little experiment help at Dustin's. "Oh, you're right." You chuckled. "I'm sorry." He said. You shook your head. "Don't be. I completely forgot about it." You replied. "Wait!" He said excitedly as he snapped his fingers. "You can come too if you'd like." He suggested. You gave him an unamused face. He read your facial expression and chuckled. "Not a chance?" He asked. You shook your head no in response. You thought it was cute that he invited you to go with, but there was no way on earth you'd be caught dead in the middle of Dustin and Steve's tomfoolery. "Noted for future projects." He added. You couldn't help but change your unamused face to a small grin. You loved how Steve instantly read your facial expressions and response to his suggestion. It made you know how much Steve knows you well.

"Hmm. Looks like I got to keep an eye out on Henderson. He can steal you away from me at any given moment." You teased with raised eyebrows.

Steve rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Oh yes be very careful." He teasingly laughed. "Dustin wants me all for himself. What can I say? I'm irresistible." Steve said as he placed his hands under his chin. You chuckled in response and leaned in to give him a small kiss while his lips curved into a smile as he kissed you back. He moved his right hand and placed his fingers under your chin to hold you before you quickly pulled away from the kiss, and he placed his hand back down against his lap. The room became silent for a quick second while Steve sat with a smile plastered on his face while he admired you.

"Going back to talking about the party." Steve said changing the topic back to why the whole conversation started. "I'm sorry about not being able to go to the party." Steve said sincerely as he extended his hand back out to grab your hand so that he could intertwine his fingers with yours. "It's no big deal. Missing one party won't hurt." You responded. Steve then tilted his head to the side. "But you know you can still go." He said. You kept quiet and looked down at your fingers intertwined with his. "Are you going to go?" He asked as he placed his thumb from his left arm on your chin and playfully caressed your lips. Steve lifted your chin up so that you looked at him. You shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe not." You explained. He tilted his head to the other side. "How come?" He asked. "Obviously it's going to be boring without you." You explained. He gave you a small smile. "Besides I don't want to go and be alone." You added. Steve lightly hummed and brought his face back closer towards yours. "But you won't be alone. You'll be with our friends." He said as his eyes moved to your lips. You rolled your eyes and smiled. "Yeah but it won't be the same without you. You always bring fun to any party you go to. Especially when we sneak off just you and me." You said before leaning your head in close to him again so that your lips met with his once more. Steve's heart beated faster in a warm and loving way. He loved how much you loved him. Especially at the fact that you cherished his presence even if he's absent and gone. It made sure Steve knew how much you cared about him. "Mhmm you love me don't you?" He whispered against your lips in between kisses. "Very much yes." You replied with a smile as you felt Steve's smile grow wider against your lips.