Prologue: Chapter 1: History

Post End War

under the steady leadership of Emperor Valerian Mengsk, Overqueen Zagara, and Hierarch Artanis. the Terran, Zerg, and Protoss Races are still at peace.

and during some time after Infested Admiral Alexei Stukov requested to leave the Swarm along with his Infested Comrades to build a new civilization made completely out of Infested Terrans... to which Zagara approved following her promise to Kerrigan: to choose their own destinies!

and where better to build their new nation than Agria! yes, there were some other possible candidates like Jarban Minor, Antiga Prime, or Tarsonis. but Agria is the most ideal to build a new civilization! it had a formidable defense system, farmlands, and most importantly it was a fringe world meaning that it was very far away from the dominion and their forces... plus it was already a Zerg Infested Planet. with Stukov's wishes met, Zagara pulled all of her Zerg forces off of Agria and put an Adostra Nest for the Infested Terrans to protect and nurture... and for good reason... 

because during the 1 Day War, Abathur had planned a coup d'état with a BroodMother named Mukav to overthrow Overqueen Zagara and revert the Zerg Swarm to its savage and warlike ways... which resulted in Mukav's death and Abathur's defeat... during this time Abathur had planned his forces to return to Agria and destroy the Adostra Nest... but to their surprise, the planet's defenses have been activated by Stukov and his forces and they were obliterated even before they could enter the atmosphere.

over the course of a few long years... the Infested Terrans evolved... under the careful wisdom, knowledge, and guidance of Stukov and the presence of the Adostra, they became more civil... more intelligent... more refined! the Zerg and Terran Genomes in their systems have completely mixed and have become 1 making them an entirely new subspecies of Terran and Zerg! and with the presence of the Adostra, which carried Xel'naga essence, gifted the Infested Terrans new abilities: most if not all of them are psionic ranging from level 1 to level 10, with Stukov being strongest psionic since he was a product of specific design and was experimented on by Narud and was even more empowered by the Adostra's lingering Xel'naga essence, and the ability to change and evolve their DNA! some of them have differing qualities like extra limbs, digitigrade limbs, extra eyes, tendrils, wings, tails, fins, protruding spines, fangs, claws, tusks, etc, or all of the above! and the best part is that they can make these parts all go away and be reabsorbed back into their body, but they don't because they have fully accepted and embrace who and what they are! another bonus is that they can produce all sorts of microbes from their bodies and control them on a whim! no longer were they abominations made for war now they are truly just people enjoying their new home! they now called themselves the "New Infested" and are now living peacefully on Agria!

soon after some spacefaring Terrans venue close to Agria and saw that the planet's infestation was receding! and they saw... people?! they took some photos and posted them to the UNN.

of course, hearing about this news the former settlers of Agria wanted to see Agria for themselves and they did! a survey team consisting of 1 Ghost, 2 Marines, 3 Medics, 4 Marauders, 5 Firebats, and a photographer as well as a Protoss researcher was sent to Agria by orders of Emperor Valerian Mengsk and Hierarch Artanis to find out what exactly is happening on Agria. they arrived on 3 Hercules Dropships (1 to ferry them and the other 2 to bring back supplies salvageable from the planet) and once they entered the planet's orbit what they saw completely BAFFLED them!!! they saw the infestation caused by the Zerg was greatly reduced and was replaced by a great ecosystem. they contacted the planet and after a few minutes, they responded. what they heard also surprised them what they heard was a mix of human speech and zerg growls.

???: Dominion Vessels you are in Agria space territory. what is your purpose here?

Captain: ugh... we are here under orders of Emperor Valerian Mengsk and Hierarch Artanis to survey the planet. are we clear for landing?

???: ...very well. the landing pads' coordinates are sent to you now. Welcome to Agria.

the 3 Ships then proceeded to enter the planet's atmosphere to land at the given coordinates. as they were getting nearer and nearer to the planet's surface the more lush greenery they see!

then they landed on the set coordinates and found themselves in a settlement and they saw... people? well... they looked like people but... they looked different... not Terran...

Protoss Researcher: this is... very absurd...

they saw people with extra limbs, digitigrade limbs, extra eyes, tendrils, wings, tails, fins, protruding spines, fangs, claws, tusks, etc, or all of the above. the bigger ones were carrying sacks of hay and the smaller ones were playing with one another down the road. then they stopped and stared at the strangers...

Marine: Infested!

everyone was tensed... and readied their weapons... preparing for a fight...

suddenly... an elderly voice broke the silence and relieved everyone of their tension

Elder: everyone, calm down!

the Elder then approached the strangers

Mako: welcome to Agria, strangers, my name is Mako.

Protoss Researcher: strange... what are you? are you not Infested Terrans?

Mako: yes we are.

Protoss Researcher: but... aren't you supposed to be...

Mako: savage monsters? abominations made for war?

Protoss Researcher: err... yes...

Mako: you've heard of the 1 Day War, yes?

Survey Team: yes, yes we have.

Mako: then you know the Zerg have changed. and so have we.

then Mako gave them a tour of the village

Mako: you know I never got your name, Protoss.

Zulao: it's Zulao. my apologies but... I sense some lingering Xel'naga essence within you. is it because of the Adostra?

Mako: why yes! how'd you known?

Zulao: Hierarch Artanis told us about the events of the 1 Day War.

Mako: I see. well then are you ready to meet the Admiral?

then after a long walk, they see some military structures... it was the same ones that Raynor left when the former Agria Colonists evacuated during the 2nd Great War...

Mako: please enter the Command Center I have just contacted the Admiral. he will be with you shortly. *leaves*

the Admiral soon stepped outside of the Command Center... and soon to reveal Stukov... I know you've guessed who that is at this point.

Stukov: greetings. I am Alexei Stukov.

they then proceeded to his office

Stukov: so... you're here to survey the planet... if it is safe for habitation and to find out what had happened to the Zerg Infestation?

Zulao: yes.

Stukov: I see... so you're here for diplomatic reasons?

Survey Team: affirmative.

Stukov: I think this is a start of a beautiful partnership.

TO BE CONTINUED

Published: June 1, 2022