Chapter 3: Ambush

PYOOM!!!

as soon as Charlotte left Warp Space she received a distress call

MIMR: alert! distress signal detected!

Charlotte: huh? now, who would be this far out of the Koprulu Sector? trace its origin point.

MIMR: tracing... trace complete. 17 clicks due east by northeast.

Charlotte: This is probably an unknown alien race... and I'm the first Terran- no! New Infested!!! haha! to discover them!!!

MIMR: ugh... you better not let "Fame And Glory" go to your head. you need to focus if you want to answer that distress call.

Charlotte: yeah you're right. now let's get going!!! FULL THROTTLE!!!

MIMR: *sigh* aye...

PHOOM!!!

the distress call was too close for a Tactical Jump therefore if they entered Warp Space they would miss it... plus Eir's Warp Drive was still cooling down. repeated uses of Warp Drives without pause may lead to an Overload to Engine Destruction to Ship Destruction and therefore death to whoever is on board the ship...

as Eir and her passengers were nearing the distress call she was shot by an unknown object

BOOM!!!

red alerts are blaring all inside Eir

MIMR: ALERT!!! ALERT!!! SHIELDS AT 90%!!!

Charlotte: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!?!?!?!

checks Eir's Radar and sees... nothing?!

Charlotte: what the hell?! there ain't no nothin' here!!!

MIMR: must be an asteroid then.

then another shot was fired but this time more powerful

BOOM!!!

Charlotte: the hell?!

MIMR: SHIELDS 20%!!!

Charlotte: already?! ok someone or something is definitely attacking us!

MIMR: you still want "Fame And Glory" in discovering a new alien civilization?

Charlotte: not the right time for 1 of your quips, MIMR!!!

MIMR: incoming transmission!

Charlotte: patch it through!!!

a holoscreen then showed a... Protoss face?!

???: unknown primitive vessel you are encroaching upon the Xaltrominore Sector's territory! OUR TERRITORY!!! GO BACK FROM WHENCE YOU CAME AND NEVER RETURN YOU PRIMITIVE WHELP!!! OR YOU WILL END UP AS OUR LATEST TRESPASSER!!!

the unknown Protoss then showed Charlotte a recently derelict Protoss Ship

???: This is your 1st and ONLY warning.

the transmission ends

Charlotte: that ship must be the ones sending the SOS call... that would mean that they were the ones that hired me to get that Data Chip... why the hell would the Protoss deal with mercs?

MIMR: Protoss against Protoss... grrr... the sight of it gets my gears grinding!!!

Charlotte: That must be why the Protoss Personality you were based on left the Tal'darim and joined the Daelaam huh?

MIMR: yes.

Charlotte: so... should we turn back or what?

MIMR: the coordinates tell us that the place we're supposed to be is further than here. this destroyed Protoss Ship was just unlucky to park here.