mafia boss (8)

(TW: GUN VIOLENCE)

"She's so beautiful." Vinnie cooed, running his fingertip down the side of the newborn's face.

He glanced up to catch sight of his wife's distraught face which she quickly tried to hide when she discovered that he was looking.

"You're hiding something. Don't tell me you aren't." Vinnie said, sitting in the chair that was next to her bed.

"Vinnie it will destroy our relationship. I can't tell you." Aaliyah shook her head.

"What are you talking about?" Vinnie said, nerves kicking up everywhere in his body.

The room went silent and Vinnie stared at his wife. She looked everywhere but him and he knew whatever she was hiding was bad.

"Aaliyah, tell me before I cause a scene in this hospital. I promise it will be a scene no one will forget." Vinnie leaned forward.

"The baby isn't yours." Aaliyah spit out, turning her face in the other direction quickly out of fear.

She took a peak at him to see his face bright red and a hand in his hair. He was so angry that veins bulged in his forehead. He was standing now with his other hand balled into a fist.

"So who's the baby's father?" His tone of voice was low, deeper and cut through glass.

"Vinnie listen baby, I-"

"Who's the baby's father Aaliyah?" He yelled, making her jump.

Somehow Catherine, there newborn, well her newborn, didn't wake up from the loud noise but Aaliyah clung to her out of motherly instinct.

"I'm not going to hurt her you fucking dumbass and I asked you a question, so fucking answer it." Vinnie pointed at her.

"Vinnie please-"

"Answer the fucking question." He raised his voice again, watching as she flinched from the volume again.

"I'm not telling you." Aaliyah shook her head with tears lining her eyes.

Unexpectedly, Vinnie opened the door of the room and pulled a random person in the room. He wrapped an arm around the woman's neck and held his Glock to the side of her head.

"Wanna tell me now?" Vinnie asked.

"D-Don't Vinnie. Let her go, I'll tell you." Aaliyah said, sitting up straight at the sight of the terrified woman against her husbands body.

Vinnie moved his arm from around his neck and shoved the gun in his pants, covering it with his shirt. Before the woman could get away, Vinnie pulled her closer to him by the arm.

"What are you not going to do when you leave this room?" Vinnie asked.

"Tell anyone. I won't." The woman said, fear evident in her eyes as she stared up at him.

"Good girl. Bye now." Vinnie said, opening as the woman calmly walked out of it before taking off in a sprint down the hallway.

Vinnie closed the door, turning back to Aaliyah who was staring at him with an angry look covering her face.

"I believe you had something to tell me don't you? Cause if you don't I'll go find the lady again and this time I won't hesitate." Vinnie said.

"Reggie." Aaliyah answered.

"Yeah, what about him?" Vinnie asked, completely clueless.

"He's Catherine's father Vinnie, it's Reggie." Aaliyah answered.

She watched as his eyes went visibly black for a second before returning to his normal hazel color. His hands balled up and he forced himself to sit in the chair.

"Are there any other children I've been raising that aren't mine?" Vinnie asked.

But when she didn't answer right away his head shot up to look at her. His eyes filled with an odd mix of sadness and anger, one she'd never seen before.

"Please tell me you're lying." Vinnie's voice softened.

"None of them are yours Vinnie." Aaliyah said, watching as the anger turned to pure sadness.

Feeling an immense amount of betrayal, he stood from the chair and walked out of the room despite her begging him to stay. He looked, making eye contact with his younger brother who looked like he was going to puke. He didn't have the strength to fight today or ever. He didn't want to see either of them. For all he cared they could be together forever.

He left.