mafia boss (10)

Vinnie woke up in the hotel room in which he had payed for last night. From there he had no clue where he was going. He did know that Aaliyah and Reggie were blowing up his phone. He was dead set on not answering them.

But when his moms number rang through and he saw that it was her calling he knew he had to answer even though he wanted to cut everyone else. He wouldn't let himself leave his mother scared and worried about him.

V: Hello?

M: Vinnie? Oh thank God you answered! Where are you?

V: I'm not in Washington. That's all I can tell you.

M: Honey what is so wrong that you left and filed for divorce? Aaliyah had the papers served this morning.

V: They didn't tell you?

M: No! No one is saying anything.

V: The baby isn't mine, none of the kids are apparently.

He began tearing up, he missed those kids so much. He was so used to them running in his office everyday after school to say hi and tell them about there days. He was used to Nelly wobbling around in his office, babbling and playing with the millions of toys she brought in there. There was never a day that went by that he wouldn't find a Barbie doll in his desk drawer or a race car in his dress shoes.

M: What do you mean? Of course the kids are your children.

V: No mom, Aaliyah slept with Reggie. She lied to me. She had me living those lies for years. I should've known not to marry a stripper.

M: Vincent Cole, I understand you're hurt beyond measure, but I never, and I mean never, wanna hear those words leave your mouth again. I raised you to respect women, not to degrade them and especially not because of there career choices.

V: I'm sorry.

M: It's fine, now put your butt back in your damn car and get the fuck of out of California. Before you ask how I know where you are, you're a mamas boy. You shared your location a long time ago. I'll see you tonight.

V: I don't want to come back mom. I can't look at anyone the same. It's better if I'm gone.

M: First, you need to be a man and fix the problems in your marriage before impulsively filing for divorce. If you can't work them out, then yes, filing for divorce is probably the best option. Second, it is not better that you are gone because no matter how hurt you are, the kids are still young and they don't understand why daddy is gone and won't answer the phone when they call to talk to you. Get some DNA tests done when you get back. Now get in your car and drive, I won't tell you again young man.

On that note, Maria hung up. He knew she was right. He sighed, packing his bags up and walking to the car. He placed his belongings in the seat and drove around to the front of the hotel where he went inside and checked out.

Sighing once again, he got in his car when he walked out of the building, turned his GPS on, and headed back to Washington to "be a man and fix the problems in his marriage."