mafia boss (14)

"Thank you all for coming in, we'll contact you with the results tomorrow Mrs. Hacker. Enjoy your day." The nurse said as they left the office and returned to the cars.

The only noise in the vehicle on the way to the attorney's office was the laughing of the kids as they played. Reggie was completely silent, along with Vinnie and Aaliyah as they sat in the front with their hands intertwined.

Upon arrival at the law office Vinnie switched the kids into Maria's car since they had agreed the children didn't need to be around for this.

Vinnie got back in the car after Maria left, waiting for the time for Aaliyah and his appointment to roll around. It was quiet until Reggie decided to speak up.

"It's honestly hilarious to me how you two aren't getting a divorce when all Aaliyah did when you left the hospital was talk shit on you and got all cuddled up with me when we were sleeping." Reggie said.

"We've both done things in the past few days that we regret. Besides, if you thought that was a bombshell you were dropping, we talked about everything last night." Vinnie answered back, not even bothering to look at Reggie.

"So you don't give a shit that your wife fucked your brother numerous times?" Reggie asked, clearly trying to instigate an argument but failing miserably when Vinnie didn't respond.

"It doesn't bother you at all that you apparently weren't fucking her good enough?"

"Reggie stop it." Aaliyah interjected.

"Or how about the fact that you've been raising my children?"

"They are not your fucking children Reggie! If they were your children then you would've been the one to raise them. But you didn't and I did. I've been there father ever since all of them were born. Of course it bothers me that she fucked you, but guess what? It bothers me even more that my own brother, who promised to never hurt me again after what you did with Samantha, slept with the woman I married and the woman I love. Shut your fucking mouth before I take the Glock out of my waistband and shut it for you." Vinnie screamed, making Aaliyah flinch and Reggie sink back down into his seat.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Vinnie said, looking at Aaliyah and getting out of the car with the keys before he did something to Reggie that he would regret.

Aaliyah stepped out of the car as well, not wanting to be with Reggie alone after all she's done to hurt her husband. She sat next to him on the bench outside of the office, placing a hand on his knee to attempt to comfort him.

"I just want to be alone right now baby." Vinnie spoke gently.

"I'm sorry, but after what he said, I refuse to let you be alone with your thoughts. Plus I really don't want to be alone with him." Aaliyah said, leaning into his touch when he wrapped an arm around her.

Vinnie nodded, laying his head on top of hers. Instead of being filled with rage, he wanted to break out into a fit of tears from just the thought of the kids not being his.

"Vinnie, no matter what, they are still our children. You were the one that loved them, provided for them, and cared for them since they were born. They have never gone without because of you. Even if it's not biological, you're still their daddy and they love you." Aaliyah said.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" Vinnie asked.

"I've been married to you for how many years now? I know when you're stressed and I usually know what it's about." Aaliyah said. "Plus, I have psychic powers." She added which made him laugh.

"Let's sign these papers to dismiss the trial and live happily ever after okay?" Vinnie said.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea to me." Aaliyah said, folding her fingers through his and walking into the office by his side.