dix

I feel powerful.

I'm in a white pantsuit, my legs appearing endless in tall white heels. The top part is strapless, draping a straight line across my chest which starts high enough for minimal cleavage to be on display.

My hair is natural, waves hanging loose down my shoulders with my bangs dropping towards my eyes that are covered in silver eyeshadow, eyeliner emphasising the lighter colours in my brown eyes, paired with a bold red lip.

Powerful.

I smile, almost grinning at my reflection in the mirror of my room. It's still light out, despite summer having ended over a month ago. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining and my skin is glowing, the highlighter over my collarbones demanding attention.

Powerful.

A ping from my phone alerts me to the time, so I quickly grab my keys and purse as I read the message.

You on your way? the text asks, prompting me to quicken my steps - albeit with difficulty in these stilettos - and leave the house, hopping in my car with haste.

Of course, it's not that quick of a process given the fact that I have to check the stove and oven on my way out and open and close my car door seven times before I drive off, until everything feels just right.

I drive in silence, the sight of the sun setting sufficient in occupying me. The route to Levi's dorm is familiar, a place I am travelling to as per my own suggestion.

I'm not picking Levi up for the Buchanan Charity Ball since he has to drive Samuel, the 20-year-old not having his own licence like Levi who is 24, in his second year of his second degree.

After weeks of getting to know him, I feel like I know Levi better than myself.

I may not be driving either Samuel or Levi, but I do need to borrow a tie according to the theme that I picked out myself, so I suggested that I meet Levi at his dorm, pick out a tie and then we travel separately to the McKenna Hall, arriving simultaneously regardless.

I think he liked that it was my suggestion, proving that I wanted to be his date just as much as he did.

I pull up to Levi's dorm building, texting him that I've arrived before travelling up the levels until I reach the familiar door which prompts me to knock.

This time when the door is opened, I am met with vibrant green eyes, emphasised by the darkness of Levi's suit.

He looks stunning. His suit is shaped perfectly to his lean frame, hair styled in a way that emphasises his sharp features. The obnoxious red tie with Merry Christmas in white font across it barely acts to detract his look - I expect no less from Levi.

"Wow," I say, eliciting a grin from him, the dimples completing his marvellous look. "You look gorgeous," I finish truthfully.

Levi's grin stutters, eyebrows creasing in mock offence.

"Handsome, Rory," he corrects, prompting a smile from me at his faux display of annoyance. His eyes flicker over my own appearance, meeting my face quick enough for the scan to be respectful. "You clean up very nicely too," he compliments, but the raised pitch of his voice betrays his casual words.

I chuckle, stepping into his room underneath his arms.

"Where are the ties?" I ask, causing Levi to shake his head in humour.

"Straight to business," he teases, opening a drawer in the cabinet beside his bed. "I only have a few, but they should do," he says, turning back towards the door with my eyes following him. "I'll go pick up Samuel now and come back before we leave together. Haris is with his sister, so he won't show up," he explains, leaving once I wave him out in understanding.