Rejection or Acceptance??

Sid smiled to himself when he saw his son, his exact copy of himself. Ansh's likes & dislikes are same as his, and his family had also mentioned it to him before. They said Ansh is his junior version, and unknowingly they were saying truth. Ansh is part of him that makes his junior version of SidharthShukla.

"Mumma, You know, buddy & I have same likes." Ansh said to his mother who was sitting beside him, serving him food, after she served him, she moved to serve Sid, since their talk in the room they haven't spoke a word to each other. 

"I know!" Shehnaaz spoke in daze. Who would know this better than her. She know these two inside out. She could feel his intense gaze over her but she avoided him, Shehnaaz wasn't in state to even look at him let alone talking. Today her trust was broken, she was broken from inside but something that held her together is Ansh. She was smiling for him, she was pretending to be happy just for him.

"Mumma, Feed me, please-" Shehnaaz nodded and sat beside him, Sid watched them with admiration in his eyes, unknown to him, and ate his dinner. Ansh was talking to him while Shehnaaz was feeding him. She noticed how close Ansh had come to Sid, It gives her unknown peace thinking her baby was finally getting his father's love.

After dinner, The father-son duo moved toward the hall, and got busy in watching tv. Shehnaaz sighed, and stood before them, having no idea how will her son react when she will tell him about his father.

"Ansh, I want to talk to you-" Shehnaaz started off in serious tone, which gained their attention. Ansh who was sitting on Sid's lap, look at his mother, and waited for her to continue. 

"Remember last month you asked me about your daddy?"
"Haa, but you said daddy doesn't live here so he can't come to meet us-" Ansh replied, sadness could be felt in his voice. Shehnaaz knelt down on the floor before him.

"Yeah, I said that but do you want to meet your daddy? He is back-" Shehnaaz said with tenderness in her voice, She glance at Sidharth who was watching them with intensified gaze, he held his breath and waited for Ansh's reply.

"Really, mumma? Daddy is back?" Ansh questioned her, excitement & happiness lacing his tone. Sid felt himself smiling at his son, the moment he waited so patiently had come.
"Where is he, mumma? I want to meet him-" Ansh squealed excitedly, Shehnaaz felt happy knowing she was doing right.

She pointed at Sidharth, Ansh look at her then at Sid with confused expressions.

"Mumma, He is my buddy-"

"I know, but he is your daddy too." Shehnaaz told him softly. Little Ansh was in deep thought, he turned his head, and kept looking at him while fear had gripped Sid's heart. For the first time in his life, he was scared, scared of his son's rejection.

"Aap sacchi mein mere papa ho?" Little Ansh asked him innocently. Tears brimmed in his eyes as stare down at his son, with painful eyes pierced his heart. Ansh nodded positively in response.

"Then why you never came to see us? You know mumma & i missed you alot." Sidharth had no answer of his son's question. 

"Beta, mumma said na, Daddy wasn't here thats why he couldn't come to meet us but daddy loves Ansh alot-" Shehnaaz said to him, knowing she has to handle Ansh.

"Really, You love me?" Ansh asked him, sid couldn't control himself from hugging his son tightly. 

"I love you alot, , Meri jaan se bhi jyada." Sidharth kissed his forehead which brought a small smile on Ansh's face. Shehnaaz was watching them with small smile. No matter how much pain Sidharth had caused her, she could never bring herself to hate him. Her heart always find happiness in his happiness.

"You won't go and leave us again?"

"I won't, baby, I will never separate you from me-" Sidharth promised him, Ansh's happiness knew no bound, he threw his arms around his neck, and hugged his father.