Mending the relationship

After Ansh was asleep, Sidharth got up from the bed, Shehnaaz saw him silently as he wend and stand by the window. She found his behavior strange today, neither he had reminded her of her so-called 'betrayal' even for once in whole day or he was giving her cold shoulder.

Shehnaaz gently removed Ansh's arm which was wrapped around her belly, making sure not to disturb her baby's sleep, she got down from the bed and walked toward him.

"Is everything alright?" His whole form went stiff hearing her soft voice.

"It wasn't you-" He whispered softly and she knew about what he was talking. A part of her felt happy that finally, he knew that she hadn't betrayed him while the other part felt nothing, it was too late, he had broke her heart not once but many times. And now when he had come to know the truth, It will not change anything as he had already decided fate of their relation, he had already made clear that they are together just as Ansh's parents and she will let it remain this way only.

"Hope now I'm free from all your allegations?" Shehnaaz questioned him in low tone yet it the had firmness that was needed. He was left speechless, he hadn't expected this calmness, he had expected her to shout at him, punish him for his sins and he want her to do that, he will accept every punishment she will give him but not her silence.

He turned around and caught her hand, taking her by surprise, he pulled her into his arms. He buried his face in crook of her neck and let his tears flow down. He told her everything that Jasmine told him, she was shocked, hurt that someone could stoop so low for revenge.

"I'm sorry-" He cried, Shehnaaz was shocked, she hadn't expected that.

"Don't, Sidharth! Please, don't! I know you were mislead by Jasmine's lie but me & my child paid the price. If you had showed enough trust to come to me and confront me, then nothing would have happened. Please, don't say sorry because it will not mend anything. Can your one sorry take our pain away? can your sorry take my child's pain away which he had faced in your absence? Nahi naa! It's better we live how we are living now. And I don't want to talk about past anymore because it's make me look like a fool who waited for you, for you to come back and accept us but when you came back after years, what i got? Your hatred, Humiliation of being your bed-mate. Hum Ansh ke liye saath hai, aur aage bhi ese hi rahenge." Shehnaaz spoke with tenderness & pain her voice while tears brimmed in their eyes. Sidharth closed his eyes in regret when she uttered the word 'bed-mate'. Made him feel so low of himself.

Shehnaaz broke the hug and went away, without waiting for his reply. She went and slept on her side of the bed while he stood there, numb & in pain. He could feel the pain she had went through.

"You are right, Shehnaaz, my sorry can not take away your pain but I'll do everything to bring happiness back in your life which i had snatched away from you. Wait for it, sweetheart, happiness will again knock on your door." Sidharth thought to himself with determination, he wasn't hurt by her rejection because he knew he had no right to be. He will wait for her acceptance but first, he wants to return her the happiness which was snatched away from her because of him.
_______________________________________

Next Day came with new hopes, Sidharth was determined to bring happiness back in her life while she had no expectations, she had learnt long way back that expectations only hurt, So now, she had no expectations from him, Or from her life.

She entered the room to wake her son & Sid. When she entered, she found Ansh sound asleep, with his head on Sid's lap who was busy in talking to someone over the phone in hush tone, not wanting to disturb his son's sleep.

When he saw shehnaaz, he cut the call and look at her with small smile.

"It was my assistant's call, Today we have to go to see the new house-" Sid started off, observing her expression to find any kind of disagreement to him in her eyes but he didn't found any.