Cruel Truth

"Shehnaaz, take him upstairs, Ansh is sleepy." Sidharth said to her, Shehnaaz gave a slight nod to her and took Ansh from him who hugged her tightly.

"Mumma, why are you crying? Don't cry na, I feel so bad-" Ansh whispered in painful low tone, wiping his mother's tears away while his eyes were moist too. Shehnaaz gave a smile to her son, assuring him that she is alright.

"Mumma is fine, baby, woh i met my mumma after so long so i got emotional-" Shehnaaz explained him, she knew what talk they need to have with her mother couldn't take place in front of Ansh, so she took him in their room where as Sid explained everything to her mother, whatever that happened in past 5 years, he couldn't anything from her, as mother she every right to know.

Pammi slumped back on the couch, too numb to react over anything. She couldn't believe her little baby girl had gone through so much in her life.

"You also left her, Sidharth, Kyun? Why you punished her & her child?" 

"Aunty, I had no idea she was pregnant when i left, i had knew, i would have never left. Mein uska saath kabhi nhi chodta. 2 weeks back i got to know about them, and trust me, I'll not leave them ever again, they are my family, I'll do anything to protect them from any kind of pain" Sid said to her honestly. Pammi look at him, she could see honesty and love for his family, and today, she herself had witnessed the bond of father & son. She could see how happy Ansh was with his father. Just then, Shehnaaz again entered there, after making Ansh sleep in their room.

"Maa, After he left india, i got to know that  I was pregnant. He wasn't aware about my pregnancy." Shehnaaz told them, Pammi walked toward her and embraced her tightly.

"I'm sorry, beta, I'm sorry, I couldn't help you that time, I was helpless in front of your dad-" Pammi cried, Shehnaaz wiped her mother's tears.

"Don't be, maa, I'm happy today, I'm happy with my child-" Shehnaaz said to her.

"Maa, you should leave now, what if dad got to know that you came to meet me, I don't want you two to fight because of me-" shehnaaz said to her mother. She knew her father had prohibited everyone in her family to meet her.

"But, Beta-"

"No, Maa, I know you love me & will go against dad for me but it will not make me happy, I don't want any bitterness in your relation with dad because of me." Shehnaaz said to her, her mother look at her, she was in pain seeing her daughter like this, but felt proud of her too for being so strong.

"Ansh bahut hi pyara bacha hai, Shehnaaz, I'll be coming here often to meet him & you, take care of your & him." Pammi said to her, Shehnaaz nodded at her. She hugged her one more time. Pammi kissed her forehead and left from there, leaving them alone.

"Thanks for bringing maa here." Shehnaaz smiled at him softly. Sidharth walked toward her and wrapping his arms around her, he pulled her in his embrace, something in him told him that she needed it, she need this hug, so keeping his so called hatred aside, he wrapped her in his cozy embrace. She closed her eyes and let her tears flow down.

"Shehnaaz"

"Ji-"

"Go, rest for a while, you look tired." Sidharth said to her, noticing how tired she looked. Before she could argue, Sidharth picked her up in his arms and walked toward their bedroom, he moved toward the bed and made her lay down beside the sleeping figure of their son. Shehnaaz was looking at him, he sat on the bed beside him, his hand rested flat against her belly gave her jittery feel.

"Why are you being so good to me today?" She couldn't help but question him. Sid look at her, confused with the sudden question asked by her, but soon he realized she was right, unknowingly, his behavior toward had changed, he himself doesn't know the reason.