chapter twenty-two: ren

The plan was simple enough. Infiltrate the bar on Bespin as Miss Trila and Igor, grab a table near to where the Imperialists will crop up; then turn on the charm to get a closer look at what the men were doing.

There were certain security measures factored in, just in case the Commanders immediately knew you were working for the Resistance—the trusty lightsaber clipped on a thigh holster beneath the disgusting dress you donned; Poe piloting the ship right in front of you, in all of his glory: the Force that surrounded you.

If things went tits up, you'd both have to run for your lives...

But, hey, that was always going to have to be an option. This was the Resistance, not a fun night out.

Despite having security in place, your main objective was to gain intelligence. A recce, of sorts, scouting out the men in charge and seeing how they spoke to each other, where they were when such discussions took place, and if you were lucky—to even get a peek at some of their plans first hand.

Poe had been feeling uneasy since you'd emerged from hyperspace. He was dead set against getting you involved in this way from the beginning, but now that Bespin was looming on the horizon, you could feel just how much he was worrying.

You bobbed your leg anxiously as you sat behind him in the lander. "Try not to worry so much," you said timidly. He let out a huff immediately.

"Sometimes I forget you can do that," he said, amused smile on his lips.

"Do what?"

"Feel everything that I'm feeling," he let out breathy chuckle. "I've always wondered if you sensed that about me after you stopped that TIE... didn't realise you'd been feeling me since day one,"

Without looking at his face, you know he's donned the biggest shit-eating grin imaginable. You stand up slowly, clipping your heels across the lander until you get to the pilots' seat. You wrapped your arms around him, slinking them down his chest while you laid your chin on his shoulder and twisted your head to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Feeling you is my favourite party trick," you let out sensually, and Poe accidentally wheezes instead of chuckling. His heartbeat accelerates beneath his ribcage tenfold, as he gets used to the pressure of your hands against his chest.

"You can't— you," he bursts out, composing himself with a strong gulp as his eyes scanned the horizon before him. "You can't just turn me on like that,"

"It stopped you from worrying though, didn't it?" you smile, pecking him once mor eon the cheek before rising up and looking out the windshield.

Bespin loomed on the horizon, a glowing orange with white swirling clouds atop its thin atmosphere. The ground was barren looking, which is why most people chose to settle atop floating cities on the planet. A few more minutes of looming above vast dry wastelands, up in the clouds, and the bar soon revealed itself.

Ships landed and ships flew away constantly. Hidden in the sky, the small city almost looked inviting. It looked beautiful, nestled between a Cumulonimbus and dots of Altocumulus clouds, but you knew that, within the metal walls of its interior, it was anything but.

Poe engaged the landing gear as the ship pulled into the outside landing bays of the hulking metal city. You could hear him uttering a silent prayer in his brain, begging the Maker that both of you would return unharmed.

You busied yourself with tightening your thigh holster. Placing your fingers against your saber hilt, you slowed your breathing, calming your Force down in the process. This was an in and out job, nothing more dangerous than you did whenever you clamoured into the cockpit of an X-wing. The only difference was him—